Mary, the Rosary and Scripture (question)

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Peace be with you.

Could someone please let me know where the Scripture passages are for Mary in the mysteries of the Rosary?

I'm looking up all the chapters/verses for all the mysteries and I don't know where the assumption of Mary into Heaven is or the coronation of Mary.

Thank you and God bless.

I was genuinely asking a question I'm not here to bash anybody we all have to start somewhere I came to the Catholic forum for Catholic answers. If you don't want to help me that's fine I'll not hold it against you.
Friend, God's peace be with you.

I forgive you and thanks. :)
It's a work in progress to shift method mindsets from sola scriptura to expanded stuff that sometimes but not always quotes Scriptures it's like breaking out of habit trying to be open to expounding it takes time and effort :)
All worth it though.

I can tell you wish a deeper and more intimate relationship/communion with God. This is not an easy task and can be obtained only by certain people.

I would encourage you to go through the list of books here and look for titles pertaining to "Mary":

Saints' Books - Books Available

Also take a read of this, it will assist you:

https://liturgicalyear.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/divine-mercy-in-my-soul.pdf

I wish you to look for God like Mary and Joseph did when He was 12 years old.

May the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Saints of Almighty God assist you in your pilgrimage into the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ to Love and Adore God, the Father, God, the Son and God, the Holy Spirit. Amen.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm loving this one:

Who is this that comes forth like the dawn,

beautiful as the white moon, pure as the blazing sun,

fearsome as celestial visions?”

(Songs 6:10)

I love the version below, which we used to read when I was able to attend Legion of Mary meetings :

Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising,
Fair as the moon, bright as the sun,
Terrible as an army set in battle array ?

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I love the version below, which we used to read when I was able to attend Legion of Mary meetings :

Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising,
Fair as the moon, bright as the sun,
Terrible as an army set in battle array ?

Thanks for sharing that.

I was a bit surprised that a few people strained when I used this verse as support of the Queenship of Mary, so I decided to start reading Songs for myself, and what I'm finding there speaks of royalty and an intense, divine love.

• Winner
Reactions: paul becke
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Thanks for sharing that.

I was a bit surprised that a few people strained when I used this verse as support of the Queenship of Mary, so I decided to start reading Songs for myself, and what I'm finding there speaks of royalty and an intense, divine love.

'royalty and an intense, divine love.'

That sounds a perfect epitome, Tadoflamb.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2017
London
✟9,694.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Could someone please let me know where the Scripture passages are for Mary in the mysteries of the Rosary?

I'm looking up all the chapters/verses for all the mysteries and I don't know where the assumption of Mary into Heaven is or the coronation of Mary.

Thank you and God bless.

I was born, raised and by the will of God, will die a Catholic. I say that, to say this: I myself do not have a strong Marion devotion. I understand it and as a KofC I carry a rosary everywhere I go. On some occasion I've prayed it and I do pray the Hail Mary.

For me and the assumption of Mary it comes down to a couple things. First is I believe Jesus founded a Church and he did so on Peter giving him his authority first and than giving His authority second to the Aposltes. I believe he left us the Holy Spirit to guide his Church into all truth. So when the Pope exercised the authority given to him by way of Peter by way of Jesus and declared dogmatically that Mary was assumed into heaven I accept that. Because what Peter binds on earth will be bound in heaven. And we are protected from error by the Holy Spirit in such matters.

Secondly we know for sure that at least one person was assumed up into heaven Body and soul, that was Elijah. Less clearly is Enoch who is said to have also been assumed into heaven Body and soul. So we have scripture backing up the assumption of humans. One for sure and probably a second.

So when all these things are taken into account together as one unit, than Yes I believe Mary is in heaven bodily.

As for the coronation. In the OT the Queen was the Kings mothers. Well who is our King? Jesus is and being a Jewish King than his queen would have to be Mary. She wasn't a queen while on earth. So at some point there would have to be a coronation to make her queen.

For a sola scriptura Protestant this is rejected because they demand that it be written clearly in plain English. Yet everything I've cited to reach my conclusion comes from the bible.

Jesus founding his Church Matt 16
Peter receiving Jesus authority to bind Matt 16
The Aposltes receiving Jesus authority to bind as a group Matt 18
Jesus sending the Holy Spirit to guide the Aposltes into truth John 14
Peter (Pope being Peters successor) excercising Jesus authority Acts 1 and 15.

Assumptions
Enoch Gen 5
Elijah 2 Kings 2

Like the teaching of the Trinity which Protestants have no problems with. There is no verse that says "Mary was assumed into heaven". There's also no one verse explaining the Trinity and for that matter the word Trinity isn't even in the bible. But the same process can be used to get the teaching of the Trinity.

This is how I personally come to terms with these teachings.

Upvote 0

De_Maria

Oct 5, 2017
Houston, TX
✟16,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Thank you and God bless.

Hi, I don't know if anyone has answered your question, but since I used to wonder about it myself, I thought I'd reply.

They are both in the same verse. In order to understand it, you need to be familiar with Catholic Doctrine and other verses of the Bible.

First, the Assumption of Mary says that Mary was assumed into heaven body and soul.

Second, the Coronation says that she was crowned Queen of Heaven.

Third, Catholic Tradition that we inherited from the Jews says that the mother of a King is a Queen.

So, let's start with #3.

1 Kings 2:19 Then Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him for Adonijah, and the king stood up to meet her and paid her homage. Then he sat down upon his throne, and a throne was provided for the king’s mother, who sat at his right.

A throne was set up for Bathsheba in order to recognize that she is the Queen Mother. This tradition is followed by all earthly Kingdoms and we see that it is also followed in the Heavenly Kingdom.

Now, let's move to #2.

Rev 12:1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

St. John, the Apostle, saw a woman in heaven. And she wore a crown of 12 stars. So, we see a Queen in heaven, but who is she?

Well, if we read on, we see that this woman is the mother of the Messiah:

2 She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems. Her child was caught up to God and his throne.

There is only one woman recognized as the Messiah's mother. That is Mary.

So, let's look at #1. Although the word "assumption" is not used here, we find that Mary is in heaven. How did this happen? Did Mary fly to heaven by her own power? No. Mary has no such power. Mary has a Divine Son, who gives her many wonderful gifts:

Luke 1:
46 “My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
47 my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
48 For he has looked upon his handmaid’s lowliness;
behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.
49 The Mighty One has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.

It is He who has assumed her into heaven.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: paul becke
Upvote 0