Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every time I am on the radio over Advent someone calls and asks if Jesus was born normally and naturally like other babies, or was he a miraculous birth–in other words, arriving in the world by avoiding the birth canal and without “opening the womb.” There are discussions and debates suggesting he miraculously appeared in Mary’s arms without a normal birth.

After reading much of the material on this matter I believe he was born as any other baby. You can read my article and thoughts here.

I know a lot of folks are very adamant on the other side of the debate and I do not post this to start another debate here. I am presenting this for people interested in the topic to think on the issues and to understand both sides.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My vote would be that Jesus came out of the womb the same way that He went in: supernaturally, by the grace of God.
And that God Himself preserved the virginity of Mary.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟485,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Every time I am on the radio over Advent someone calls and asks if Jesus was born normally and naturally like other babies, or was he a miraculous birth–in other words, arriving in the world by avoiding the birth canal and without “opening the womb.” There are discussions and debates suggesting he miraculously appeared in Mary’s arms without a normal birth.

After reading much of the material on this matter I believe he was born as any other baby. You can read my article and thoughts here.

I know a lot of folks are very adamant on the other side of the debate and I do not post this to start another debate here. I am presenting this for people interested in the topic to think on the issues and to understand both sides.

There is phenomenon where a woman's hyman is not broken during intercourse.
So which ever miracle the Lord performed is rather personal and probably humiliating to Our Lady.

But indeed the convo comes up.

It's both possible He was miraculously in her arms or her Virginity remained intact, AND because pain comes from sin we know she had no pain. Being filled with grace, and doing the Lords will perfectly she [see Revelation] was kept safe from the dragon, IE she felt no pain in childbirth granted on women for sin, and her body at death saw no corruption and she was assumed into Heaven.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟485,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My vote would be that Jesus came out of the womb the same way that He went in: supernaturally, by the grace of God.
And that God Himself preserved the virginity of Mary.
Indeed being overshadowed does not mean anything more than the Spirit speaking over her.
So too it is possible, He preserved her from the pain of childbirth so as He was given to enter, He entered the same to life.
Without physical pain, or otherwise.

Upvote 0