United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
latest

Hi! As I'm relatively new to the forums I'm not sure this subject has been added or not. But during the first couple weeks of this new year 2018, I got to watch the inspirational film "I'm Not Ashamed" from Pureflix. It's based on the journals of Rachel Joy Scott, one of the students shot and killed at Columbine High School in Colorado in on April 20, 1999 (Pictured above). After watching the film, I was intrigued and inspired by her story, and I wanted to know more. If you didn't already know, Rachel had a true heart for Jesus, which was evident if you ever had a glimpse of her journal readings. She believed that everyone had "The Light" inside of them if you looked deep enough, and that light can be reignited if you just get to the heart of other people. She went over that aspect of what would be her last written essay shortly before her death. She titled it "My Ethics, My Codes of Life" (Click the title to read the essay). Now, for the discussion part: Has anyone else in this forum heard Rachel's story, saw "I'm Not Ashamed" and has the desire to know God as deeply as Rachel had before her death? I can go more in-depth on this topic if anyone wants more information.

Reactions: redleghunter

Dustin B.

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2018
Dundalk
✟25,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Have done some reading on the subject, and my wife was just looking to see if they had that movie the other day. I want to see it also.
As I said before, it's a great film. Fair warning, have a tissue box nearby.

Nearly 10 months after the Columbine massacre, Rachel's father Darrell Scott released a DVD tribute to his daughter, which included a message he gave in Nashville, Tennessee. The DVD was called "The Untold Story of Columbine" and I found clips of the full message to share here in this post.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4 ( Rachel's Funeral, aired on CNN)

Part 5 (Funeral Part 2)

Upvote 0