✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God speaks to you?

I won't even addres this b/c your motive is anything but honest questioning.

So basically, you are saying the way you think God's will is, is the only possible correct interpretation? Everyone else that reads it differently than you is wrong?

You are being very sarcastic and rude and it is very unnecessary. Did I SAY that my interpretation is the only correct one? Did I SAY that everyone else that reads it differently is wrong?

If you reply to people in a nicer way you will get a more positive response. You addressed nothing that I said.

Upvote 0

ElvisFan42

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟11,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Does God not speak to you...and when he does do you question Him?

I can't say I've heard God speak words to me out loud.

You are being very sarcastic with me and it is very unnecessary. Did I SAY that my interpretation is the only correct one? Did I SAY that everyone else that reads it differently is wrong?

If you reply to people in a nicer way you will get a more positive response. You addressed nothing that I said. You only chose to be sarcastic.

Actually, I was not being sarcastic at all, I am curious, that's why I asked questions. If I were being sarcastic or rude, I would have said I suppose you think... I don't see how you think I was being sarcastic, it was not my intention. Can you answer the questions? I am interested in how people interpret God's word and how they think it should affect others.

You said "God won't tell one person abortion is right and another abortion is wrong.". How is it then that God "speaks" to us and we "hear" different things? You've obviously heard abortion is wrong (and I've never heard anyone say it's "right"), how did anyone hear differently than you? What is the value of that?

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't say I've heard God speak words to me out loud.

I didn't say that either.

Can you answer the questions? I am interested in how people interpret God's word and how they think it should affect others.

B/c it usually lines up with the Bible. This thread is not to debate abortion. However, threads that are usually God-related will become derailed in no time as you can see evidenced on each page by sarcastic people of no faith.

You said "God won't tell one person abortion is right and another abortion is wrong.". How is it then that God "speaks" to us and we "hear" different things? You've obviously heard abortion is wrong (and I've never heard anyone say it's "right"), how did anyone hear differently than you? What is the value of that?

As far as hearing different things, that could mean a number of things. However, it does not underestimate the power of God and His intentions...it's just humans get in the way.

If you are truly asking these questions than I would rather PM you scripture about the Holy Spirit and how the speaking of the Holy Spirit leads us in our lives. For if we are truly Christians, the Holy Spirit lives inside us (as stated by the Bible). A relationship with someone is a two way street. It's not that we talk to God alone...it works both ways.

John 14

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Irregardless, God only has one Will...the world should not be getting multiple answers if they are close to Him and seek His face.

God won't tell one person abortion is right and another abortion is wrong.

This should go well.
You do realize that, if you're right, only one church out there has it right (or no churches at all). And you have no way of knowing whether or not you're in the right one. You could say that you feel close to God, but there are thousands of people in other sects who say that and believe it as much as you do.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
God-related will become derailed in no time as you can see evidenced on each page by sarcastic people of no faith.
I have said a few things regarding Norris. Am I one of those sarcastic people of no faith you mention? FYI, irregardless is not a standard word.

Why is this thread God related? Because Norris fights abortion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
B/c it usually lines up with the Bible. This thread is not to debate abortion. However, threads that are usually God-related will become derailed in no time as you can see evidenced on each page by sarcastic people of no faith.
But all the people arguing with you are Christian.

And how, exactly, is this thread "God-related"? Chuck Norris perhaps aspires to God's position, but he's not there yet.

Upvote 0

ElvisFan42

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟11,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't say that either.

So how does God speak to you? I don't think he speaks out loud to you,:D but how he speaks to us is important to understanding what he says.

Again, I had no intentions of being sarcastic, YOU say it's sarcastic. No derailing, simply a conversation growing, sounds more like you are derailing the question. I am not a person of no faith, and I asked you. I can't control what others do. My questions say nothing about abortion and have nothing to do with it either. They were a direct response to your statement, no derailing.

As far as hearing different things, that could mean a number of things. However, it does not underestimate the power of God and His intentions...it's just humans get in the way.

Here you imply that what you hear is correct and what others hear is not. How do you know that you are not one the humans getting in the way?

If you are truly asking these questions than I would rather PM you scripture about the Holy Spirit and how the speaking of the Holy Spirit leads us in our lives. For if we are truly Christians, the Holy Spirit lives inside us (as stated by the Bible). A relationship with someone is a two way street. It's not that we talk to God alone...it works both ways.

John 14

You are welcomed to PM me, but you don't need to tell me about the Holy Spirit. Here, you are trying to convince me of what you believe is God's will, and you don't even know if I agree or disagree with you.

Upvote 0

ElvisFan42

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟11,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But all the people arguing with you are Christian.

And how, exactly, is this thread "God-related"? Chuck Norris perhaps aspires to God's position, but he's not there yet.
539630763l3od.jpg

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's nice. Is he also supporting adoption agencies? How about starting a charity or loans service to help prospective adoptive parents of moderate income pay for the sky-high adoptive fees? Or lobby for the foster-care system to encourage more long-term-care and adoptive homes?

Or how about helping the many middle-aged single women, and older middle-aged empty-nester couples out there who want to adopt the older, unwanted children in the foster care system? Is he helping them? Many children never get adopted out of the foster care system because they have mental, learning, or physical disabilities... and only older single women or empty-nester couples want to adopt... people who would make wonderful parents but who may not meet the draconian requirements because of age or marital status... a 12 year old girl is better off with a single middle-aged mother than she is in a group home with no one who really cares about her, a very common situation in foster-care systems throughout North America...

And how about affordable pre-natal clinics for women with low income? Or maternity-clothing drives? Or, well, anything that will actually encourage a women who is pregnant to keep her child, and stable childless or empty-nester couples to adopt?

Or anything that is actually practical???

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Good for him for not being a social chameleon like those with no sense of conviction.
So you must stoop to personally attacking those with a viewpoint different than yours? Huh, and here I was thinking that Jesus said to "turn the other cheek."

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"angels sang out in immaculate chorus
as down from the heavens descended Chuck Norris
who delivered a kick which could shatter bones
into the crotch of Indiana Jones
who fell over on the ground, writhing in pain
as Batman changed back into Bruce Wayne
but Chuck saw through his clever disguise
and he crushed Batman's head in between his thighs" - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

Upvote 0