Discussion Marriage of spirits in the sin of fornication?

Is there a marriage of spirits when two people become one flesh?

• Yes, briefly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure.

• Something else.

• Total voters

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I am amazed by the wonder of sexual union, which is somewhat mysterious. I have been taught that wedding comes from the word, weld, which happens with the marriage prayer and consummation.

Marriage ends at death, but some may divorce. But is there a marriage of spirits to deal sanctification to, to end it?

In fornication are people welded in spirit or is it only soul ties and temporary physical union? The Bible says only that they become one flesh.

Is there such a thing as the marriage of spirits? I think Peter Horrobin teaches there is.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All that we have clear statements on are that they become one flesh.
In Edenic marriage, it is a yoke. And it can be the basis for further unity.
Outside of Edenic marriage, it is a snare. For the believer who is caught in it, it divides their loyalty to God and His Kingdom. Unless/until its grip is broken, that person will be neutralized, at best.

It turned the builder of the First Jewish Temple into a model of the Antichrist.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there such a thing as the marriage of spirits? I think Peter Horrobin teaches there is.
Well, God's word says they become one flesh. But also God's word says we have body and soul and spirit. So, why would He not say a married couple has become one spirit?

Now I think of this > if two people of Satan commit fornication, they already are one spirit with each other, by being in the spirit of Satan's kingdom. They are one spirit with the kingdom, therefore already with each other.

And two Christians getting married already are each "one spirit with" Jesus >

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

So, by being one with Christ, we are already one in spirit with all our brothers and sisters . . . not only with whomever we might marry.

So, marriage can bring bodies together, of ones already of the same spirit.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am amazed by the wonder of sexual union, which is somewhat mysterious. I have been taught that wedding comes from the word, weld, which happens with the marriage prayer and consummation.

Marriage ends at death, but some may divorce. But is there a marriage of spirits to deal sanctification to, to end it?

In fornication are people welded in spirit or is it only soul ties and temporary physical union? The Bible says only that they become one flesh.

Sex out of wedlock comes in different forms. I see no "spirit" involved in a sexual act outside of marriage as many women and children have been taken and violated by lawless men. What condition would their spirits be in, in this case?
Blessings.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Sex out of wedlock comes in different forms. I see no "spirit" involved in a sexual act outside of marriage as many women and children have been taken and violated by lawless men. What condition would their spirits be in, in this case?
Blessings.
I think if I had a daughter who was humbled by a lawless man that I would pray for here several times to be sanctified by Jesus' sacred blood. For her separation from the world to God, for her healing, honour and preparation for marriage. To rise her from humble to recovery. Even double her losses from the hurt.

Also some preachers speak of born again virgins. Restored by new birth, spirit, soul and body.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
humbled by a lawless man
This0
This is just so off the mark. Your basically saying that lawlessness towards a woman somehow makes her humble?Ok, I will try to get over this comment.:prayer::prayer::prayer:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
This is sick. Sorry, it's just so off the mark. Your basically saying that lawlessness towards a woman somehow makes her humble?Ok, I will try to get over this comment.:prayer::prayer::prayer:
From Judges 19:22-30. A record of a crime, very sad. It upset me as a boy of 14 when I read it, for I loved chivalry, but is is misogyny.

Also there is the defilement of Dinah Genesis 34. Both lead just men to anger and punishment follows.

It can happen to anyone, in civil life, in the prisons, to men or women, or behind closed doors where there is a bad apple a corrupter.

Real life is unfair. But that does not mean that I for one look down on them, usually we pity or bolster the esteem of such people. We may have to explain to simpler people that it is a humbling thing. I recall seeing a movie about a Mormon missionary to a pacific island. One challenge he faced was a boat of brothel owners trying to persuade some young women among his flock, that prostitution or sex work, was a high life with much reward... and some of these uneducated woman went with them to New Zealand.

Ancient Israel was great to endure such hardship and survive, carrying the Torah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From Judges 19:22-30. A record of a crime, very sad. It upset me as a boy of 14 when I read it, for I loved chivalry, but is is misogyny.

Also there is the defilement of Dinah Genesis 34. Both lead just men to anger and punishment follows.

It can happen to anyone, in civil life, in the prisons, to men or women, or behind closed doors where there is a bad apple a corrupter.

Real life is unfair. But that does not mean that I for one look down on them, usually we pity or bolster the esteem of such people. We may have to explain to simpler people that it is a humbling thing. I recall seeing a movie about a Mormon missionary to a pacific island. One challenge he faced was a boat of brothel owners trying to persuade some young women among his flock, that prostitution or sex work, was a high life with much reward... and some of these uneducated woman went with them to New Zealand.

Ancient Israel was great to endure such hardship and survive, carrying the Torah.
I am sure you are aware that we are under the" New covenant " love prevails.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I am sure you are aware that we are under the" New covenant " love prevails.
Yes, love prevails, I dislike misogyny. Now we are taught to love our enemies who hurt us. Sometimes it is still right to fight. I may have to read Thomas Aquinas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
@maria

"Humbled" is a polite way of saying "raped". It is not about the victim being humble.
Yes not humble, like humble in wisdom or strength, or love... not criticism but they are hurt as with King David's daughter Tamar, who described what happened as "disgrace" and asked for amends by marriage, but she was refused and things escalated to even greater tragedy.

It does hurt the victim, or else it would not be considered a bad thing. Some men like Joyce Meyer's husband choose such women to marry, not because they are better for the harm done, but because they want someone who needs help. And that they give, leading to recovery.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we look at sex from the way that it was meant to be looked at 2000 years ago, yes, there are spiritual unions made between all partners. That was the point. The moment that marriage was consummated, it was made official. Until that point, the marriage was not binding. This is why Mary and Peter were traveling together as if married when Mary became pregnant with Jesus. They were already "married" in that Peter and Mary's families had come together and made the agreement to get married, they just hadn't consummated it yet. Regardless of the fact that they hadn't consummated the marriage yet, Peter still would have had to of written up a certificate of divorce to divorce Mary when she came forward that she was pregnant with Jesus. This would have let Peter remarry since a.) it was thought to have been done in fornication and b.) They had not consummated the marriage. I was an idiot in my younger years and now I am still healing from the hurts and wounds caused by my own indiscretions. I know first hand that yes, there are "soul ties" as some put it when they have sexual contact outside of marriage and those will always be there. All that we can do is repent, ask God to forgive us, forgive ourselves, and forgive our sexual partners and move on. Satan will bring up our past time and time again but praise God we are redeemed and forgiven.

Upvote 0