Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The suit comes after ABC News reported that Meadows received immunity to testify before a grand jury convened to hear evidence from special counsel Jack Smith, reportedly contradicting statements he made in his book.

All in all, not a very credible fellow. Any evidence he gives is going to need corroboration.

• Informative
Reactions: JustOneWay

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, poor guy. I read about this today and feel terrible. He really made some poor career and life choices. I chuckled reflexively when learning they only sold 60,000 of the 200,000 first printing. And his first sentence was "I KNEW HE DIDN'T LOSE." Which apparently contradicts his sworn testimony lol. He needs to ask Mr Trump to throw him a fundraiser down Mara Lago.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hence the double-edged sword of being a liar and running cover for people who are lying, when you do try to tell the truth, your former henchman can just point to the fact that you're a liar. Now, his testimony against Trump can be called into question if Trump's lawyers are crafty.

It's not the first life Trump-worship has ruined. Sydney Powell and a few others had their reputation ruined by "drinking the Kool-aid", only to have him hang them out to dry, and then have his "new lawyers" use their lack of credibility (that originated from them defending him) as a basis to try to dismiss their testimony against him.

And then there's other stories that are just cringy and sad, like Rudy's story. From America's Mayor and the legal mind that was sharp enough to take down the New York mob, to the guy who's booking press conferences at a landscaping company by accident with hair dye running down his cheek.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Simple, remove his tome from the nonfiction section of bookstores.
I know that was meant to be facetious...

But, just to play along...

Do you think the people looking to affirm election-denial are spending their evenings hanging out at the Barnes & Noble?

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Do you think the people looking to affirm election-denial are spending their evenings hanging out at the Barnes & Noble?
Now many lanes do they have free on League Night?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I can't decide!

On the one hand, the publisher surely has fact checkers who could have determined the facts of the matter.

OTOH, if Meadows signed something saying that he was giving them the truth the whole truth and nothing but.

So........a pox on both their houses.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
"ASP, which is asking for a combined $2.95 million in its prayer for relief, citing the $350,000 it paid Meadows, along with $600,000 in out of pocket damages and another $1 million in expected damages from lost profits and another $1 million in damages to the publisher’s reputation. "

Brilliant!

The Publisher wants to claw back the money it paid the author, and then some....while pocketing the cash from all sales.

This is what happens when people lie. Eventually, the lies catch up with those who lie.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I just wish the people at home on the couch eating up all these lies are paying attention.

But Im not optimistic that people are ready to unravel the personal identities theyve built for themselves around this fictional world view. oh well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes, when the guest writer is part of the election denying elite.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I just wish the people at home on the couch eating up all these lies are paying attention.
They don't have r to be at home on the couch.

They could be, I dunno, sitting at a computer posting on cChristian forums.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Did he sell his book as fiction or non fiction? Could those that bought it file a class action and try to get their money back?
I'd be super angry if I forked out for a tell all book only to have the author later say he made it all up and was just shamelessly milking people for money. Its a con job.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

But Im not optimistic that people are ready to unravel the personal identities theyve built for themselves around this fictional world view. oh well.
They live in a right wing bubble, they won't even know that Meadows testified under oath that his book was lies. It won't appear on the mouths of the right wing opinion show hosts. Those that hear it from non MAGA people will just think it's lies.
DON'T LOOK UP!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did he sell his book as fiction or non fiction? Could those that bought it file a class action and try to get their money back?
I'd be super angry if I forked out for a tell all book only to have the author later say he made it all up and was just shamelessly milking people for money. Its a con job.
It was sold as non-fiction autobiography.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums