JerushaC

Jan 24, 2016
Canada
✟9,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here in Canada, marijuana is legal if prescribed by a licensed physician. It works similarly to some of the older types of depression pills. It works to take away physical pain which over the counter pain killers can't and supposedly has an antidepressant effect but should not be solely used for an antidepressant.

I know a lot of people have a lot against the use of it. So I was wondering what you guys think of it? Is it to dangerous or is its medical purposes worthwhile?

Personally, a doctor was close to prescribing the stuff for me last year because of my Lyme disease. My mom was a little angry at the doctor but I don't think she was thinking about all the medical properties it has. I have heard a lot of good things from other lyme disease patients, about how it has worked great for them. I really don't know.

So, What do you think?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll debate against marijuana, you debate for.

No hurry between posts, in case either of us is busy.

Please include scriptures for your points, and whatever we have for medical background and info.

Go as long as we please, for both disagreeing and making sure we understand one another correctly.

The main good purpose of a debate, I consider, is to bring out the issues for evaluation, and explore how to evaluate.

So, I would not be only trying to oppose, but question and test if it is good . . . if this is ok with you :)

Ask Mark or someone to set us up :)

Upvote 0

imperfection91

Feb 10, 2016
Glendale, CA
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here in Canada, marijuana is legal if prescribed by a licensed physician. It works similarly to some of the older types of depression pills. It works to take away physical pain which over the counter pain killers can't and supposedly has an antidepressant effect but should not be solely used for an antidepressant.

I know a lot of people have a lot against the use of it. So I was wondering what you guys think of it? Is it to dangerous or is its medical purposes worthwhile?

Personally, a doctor was close to prescribing the stuff for me last year because of my Lyme disease. My mom was a little angry at the doctor but I don't think she was thinking about all the medical properties it has. I have heard a lot of good things from other lyme disease patients, about how it has worked great for them. I really don't know.

So, What do you think?

Being in LA for 11 years, that stuff is passed around like candy. There are shops/dispensaries almost every corner. Since 15/16 I started smoking that crap til I turned 23. The Lord is truly longsuffering and gracious, I finally cut it out last year along with cigarettes. The first month or two were the hardest moments I've encountered in life. But now I feel like this whole weight lifted off my shoulders. Everything has turned around 360 degrees. I hated my nasty habit, couldn't get right with God. You know when the bible speaks of incense being burned in the temple it's a parable of our temples! It was a shadow of things to come when the priests represented it before, but afterwards he declared burning incense is an abomination unto me! Also sorcery is translatedfrom the original Greek word pharmakeia, which is defines as "the use of or administering of drugs." It's truly a drug; forget anyone who says it's not. I struggled with my addiction for years. Thank the Lord I'm done with that crap. Not cool at all! Yeah I had to stop attending some parties and stop hitting some clubs, I cut some friends along the way. But so worth it, so calm and peaceful now. And no guilt anymore. Increased dream recall; breathe better; think clearer, etc so much more. I can't stress enough...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.