Marijuana

Imaginosis

Feb 13, 2005
✟645.00
Faith
Christian
One of my concerns about doing drugs concerns the altered states of conscious which can be induced, opening the door to satanic influences.

Steve Rogers said:
What does the bible say about using drugs or marijuana more specifically. If it doesnt say anything, would it be acceptable personally or religously

Upvote 0
J

JustJack!

Why does the altered state of mind have to be worse than the present one?

One of the reason I enjoy weed so much is because it elevates me. It doesn't make me into a zombie like other ppl. It opens my mind to so many news thoughts and angles and ways of thinking that are just amazing.

It doesn't make me want to do anything evil. Doesn't make me wanna kill my neighbor, or rape my dog or whatever.

If anything, it's drinking that makes you vunerable to "satanic influences".

Upvote 0

sherrmann15

Feb 17, 2005
Southern Cali
✟7,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This thread is really interesting....and I only have one or two things to add to the mixture.

There have been a lot of stereotypes about weed that just arn't true. The physical effects of weed are not as bad as are made out to be by the haters of marijuana. They don't kill brain cells, and they certainly don't cause you to go into psychodelic rages like in Reefer Madness.But beside that fact, there are still two things about weed that are hard to overlook.

One, you are giving your mind over to a foreign substance when you get high. This is def something the Bible frowns upon. Sure, Jesus drank alcohol, but not to get drunk. Wine in Biblical times was watered down to the point that it was nearly impossible to get drunk. When you get high, you are letting go of control of your mind. And it is possible that you become more suseptable to spiritual warfare when this occurs.

Two, weed is still bad for you physically. Studies (sorry I don't have sources, but I will if you ask me) show that one blunt accumulates the same amount of tar as 4 to 6 cigarettes. Clearly, you are causing yourself harm. Is it a sin to harm your body? I can think of many loopholes to say it isn't. But you still have to take into consideration that your body is a GIFT and should be respected.

I personally don't smoke or do weed, and i would advise against it if asked. And I don't like how people make excuses on this thread about the current laws against marijuana by saying "It's a lame law.....It will be repealed soon." You don't get to pick and choose what laws to follow and which not to follow. It is still a law of the land and needs to be respected.

Bye, friends!

Upvote 0

sherrmann15

Feb 17, 2005
Southern Cali
✟7,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I made the previous statement in the context of sin. There is a heirarchy of authority when it comes to who to follow and what constitutes as a sin. God is first and foremost, first. Then authorities follow from there. If God doesn't make it directly specific, such as the case with marijuana, and the governing authority says it is illegal, it is immature to say it is a stupid law and whine. It is reasonable to say that it is an unjust law and try to make a difference in the political realm. But currently, it is against the law and in this case we don't have the option to pick and choose which laws to follow.

Upvote 0
J

JustJack!

It is reasonable to say that it is an unjust law and try to make a difference in the political realm. But currently, it is against the law and in this case we don't have the option to pick and choose which laws to follow.

Well, I'ld have to disagree with you there. I pick and choose everyday which laws to follow.

It is an unjust law, IMHO, and I see no logical reason why I should obey it, except for fear of getting caught, which has only motivated me to devise ways of not getting caught.

Upvote 0

sherrmann15

Feb 17, 2005
Southern Cali
✟7,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sure...I choose whether I want to follow the speed limit or not....and we won't always follow the rules in society

But when I break those laws I am still commiting a sin. That's the point. When you smoke marijuana, you are commiting a sin because it is against the law to do so. You are not meeting God's standards.

Upvote 0

Dennis Moore

Redistributor of wealth
Jan 18, 2005
Thirty thousand light-years from Galactic Central
✟16,219.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
sherrmann15 said:
But when I break those laws I am still commiting a sin. That's the point.
Does this apply equally to all laws? Regardless of the society or the law? Is there any impetous for you to fight laws you (or your holy book) would percieve as unjust?

Upvote 0

Gentileone

Contributor
Jan 5, 2005
Salisbury S.A
✟14,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JustJack! said:
Why does the altered state of mind have to be worse than the present one?

One of the reason I enjoy weed so much is because it elevates me. It doesn't make me into a zombie like other ppl. It opens my mind to so many news thoughts and angles and ways of thinking that are just amazing.

It doesn't make me want to do anything evil. Doesn't make me wanna kill my neighbor, or rape my dog or whatever.

If anything, it's drinking that makes you vunerable to "satanic influences".

Hey i respect what you are saying and no were you are coming from ive smoked dope for more years then youve been alive.

But your so far from whats real.

I smoked from morning to bed, i didnt no what it was like to be straight.
Completely wasted every second of the day.
Infact it was a buzz to be straight,once i stoped. Go figure that!

It does make you do evil things, your on drugs arent you ??
Are they really angels ??

Look it is very harmfull to not only your body but your brain aswell.
There is plenty of info on the net to prove its harmfull.

Using drugs is a way of escape from reality.

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

JustJack!

Hey i respect what you are saying and no were you are coming from ive smoked dope for more years then youve been alive.

But your so far from whats real.

I never claimed that everyone feels what I feel when they smoke. I maybe a one in a million case. But it is what I experience.

I smoked from morning to bed, i didnt no what it was like to be straight.
Completely wasted every second of the day.
Infact it was a buzz to be straight,once i stoped. Go figure that!

I enjoy going though the day with a buzz, but I don't get trashed like you're talking about.

It does make you do evil things, your on drugs arent you ??
Are they really angels ??

No, it doesn't make me do evil things. Gives me the munchies, makes music sound better, little cottonmouth occasionally, but I can't really recall anything evil that I've done while stoned.

Look it is very harmfull to not only your body but your brain aswell.
There is plenty of info on the net to prove its harmfull.

Anything can be harmful when done in excess.

Using drugs is a way of escape from reality.

If that all you think ppl use drugs for, then you don't know nearly as much about the subject as you profess.

Upvote 0

Gentileone

Contributor
Jan 5, 2005
Salisbury S.A
✟14,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JustJack! said:
If that all you think ppl use drugs for, then you don't know nearly as much about the subject as you profess.

Hey JustJack

Thanx for pointoing those things out to me and i appoligze for the way ive stated my comments.

Im just upset coz i do know how bad dope is, i have smoked many years and seen many,thousands use the drug.
From thi light uses to the heavy uses and the ppl who binge smoke,and heavier drugs aswell.
My brother is a junkie now, couldnt get of the merry-go-round.
I do know alot about it, I know how it effects me and the waste and problems it causes.
Not only with myself but with the people around me.
Ive lost many good friends and some who have given up, well we have become good friends again.

Being stoned from my piont of view is evil in it self.

Doing for recreational purposes is were it all starts,now and then well thats allright, then you start to rely on itwhen your down or when you wanna enjoy something to make the thrill better and get stoned.

Its start to become a mood starter, and thats when it starts to become addictive.
Yes most people believe that dope is not addictive but it is.
I confess for many many yrs its not but i realized it is and more soo now when i look back.

I hate dope coz what its done to me, and it upsetting to see ppl dont realize how bad it is and what it does to you not to mention the people who care about you.

So i appoligize how i stated my last post and i thankyou for showing me.

God Bless

Upvote 0
J

JustJack!

Im just upset coz i do know how bad dope is, i have smoked many years and seen many,thousands use the drug.
From thi light uses to the heavy uses and the ppl who binge smoke,and heavier drugs aswell.
My brother is a junkie now, couldnt get of the merry-go-round.
I do alot about it, I know how it effects me and the waste and problems it causes.
Not only with myself but with the people around me.
Ive lost many good friends and some who have given up, well we have become good friends again.

Allright, so you've had bad experiences with it. I haven't. I personally don't know anyone that has ruined their life smoking.

Being stoned from my piont of view is evil in it self.

To use the word in that context is to dilute it, strip it of it's meaning. Evil is a strong word, and rightfully so. But you're bringing it down to the level of being synonymous with bad.

Its start to become a mood starter, and thats when it starts to become addictive.
Yes most people believe that dope is not addictive but it is.
I confess for many many yrs its not but i realized it is and more soo now when i look back.

The drug is not physically addictive. However, like video games, it can be mentally addictive. A mental desire for the high.

All you need to overcome weed is sufficient will power. There is no nicotine patch, or weening off it.

I hate dope coz what its done to me, and it upsetting to see ppl dont realize how bad it is and what it does to not ony but the people who care about you.

Personal experience means little here. You don't like weed, I do. You don't like it because of what it has done to your life, it hasn't hurt my life any. If all you have against weed is your own personal experience, then what really do you have to tell me?

Upvote 0
T

truthinlove

Steve Rogers said:
What does the bible say about using drugs or marijuana more specifically. If it doesnt say anything, would it be acceptable personally or religously

The only two questions that need to be asked about any drug are:

1.Is it legal?
2.Does it bring me under its control(bondage)?

As for marijuana, it does not seem to take away a person's self-control in moderate amounts. However, it is illegal.

If it were legal it would not be sinful, but this is not the case in America as of now.

Truthnluv

Upvote 0

Lifesaver

Fides et Ratio
Jan 8, 2004
São Paulo, Brazil
✟16,097.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Marijuana, like other substances, takes away, at least partially, the reason of whoever uses it. Man is by nature a rational animal, and thus using such substances is against the realization of one's very nature.

That is why drinking to the point of drunkeness is also wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums