Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
"Hours after Donald Trump shocked the world by siding with Russian President Vladimir Putin rather than his own intelligence agencies regarding Russia’s attempts to skew the 2016 election, the Justice Department announced that it had filed charges against yet another Russian. Maria Butina, a pro-gun activist and graduate student living in the D.C. area, was indicted for “infiltrating organizations having influence in American politics, for the purpose of advancing the interests of the Russian Federation.” Butina, 29, was arrested on Sunday in Washington, D.C."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...ical-candidate-who-met-an-alleged-russian-spy

Maria Butina is a name you're going to be hearing a lot in the weeks to come. Her and her boss Alexander Torshin, a Russian senator heavily linked to organized crime are the only two Russians with lifetime membership of the NRA. Butina herself is a Russian intelligence operative. Torshin is apparently under investigation for channeling money to the Trump campaign via the NRA.

According to the indictment, Butina had a meeting at the NRA convention in 2015 with a Republican presidential candidate. Torshin's Twitter account claimed in 2015 that he had access to Trump through the NRA. Torshin claimed to have met Trump at that NRA convention. Trump denies they have ever met. Torshin then met Don Jr at the following years NRA convention. Don Jr has admitted this.

Butina reportedly claimed in private conversations that she had been working to build a back channel between Trump and Russia. She has now been indicted as a Russian intelligence operative. This is a potentially devastating break in the investigation. Keep watching.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have an NRA membership and actually met the head of the NRA a number of years ago.

Must mean I have access to upper levels of the NRA huh?

I actually met George Bush. Was in a crowd and actually shook his hand.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have an NRA membership and actually met the head of the NRA a number of years ago.

Good grief....is that the best deflection job you can do...?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I don't know, are you a Russian intelligence agent who has boasted about establishing a back channel between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, are you a Russian intelligence agent who has boasted about establishing a back channel between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin?

Did you read your quote?

Butina reportedly claimed

“Reportedly claimed”

Not a quote
Not an informed position

It means some one told them that she supposedly said something.

And I am supposed to believe that?

• Winner
Reactions: Veritas
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Did you read your quote?

“Reportedly claimed”

Not a quote
Not an informed position

When they carefully choose that kind of wording, it means that the speaker knows full well that the claim is without substance.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
I don't know...President Trump and some of his supporters seem to need even less then that to believe pretty much...anything. :wave:
tulc(since hislegacy asked) :sorry:

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't know...President Trump and some of his supporters seem to need even less then that to believe pretty much...anything. :wave:
tulc(since hislegacy asked) :sorry:

"Many people are saying"

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Did you read your quote?

“Reportedly claimed”

Not a quote
Not an informed position

It’s not the substance of the article, it’s a small supporting element. The substance is that she has just been indicted by the FBI who clearly believe they have enough evidence to prosecute her as a Russian agent. We also have the fact that her boss said openly back in 2015 that he met Trump at the NRA convention. We also know Don Jr met that same man a year later at the same convention (Don Jr has admitted this).

If you want to ignore that forest of evidence and focus on one small unproven tree, then you’re welcome to do so. I don’t think anyone here believes you would suddenly change your mind even if Trump came out and admitted it all on TV anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Prepare yourself to be disappointed again libs.

You've been down this road far too many times it's getting embarrassing.

Ummmmm......”embarrassing”....??

I guess the video of Trump in Helsinki hasn’t made its way yet down to the Land of the Long Flat Vowel....?

• Haha
Reactions: Jack Slatts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prepare yourself to be disappointed again libs.
President Trump is our President, pretty much everyone in America is used to be disappointed all the time not just "libs". :sigh:

You've been down this road far too many times it's getting embarrassing.
What, President Trump lying or his choosing Russia over the US? Or his base not caring? Either way you're right, it is very embarrassing. For his base. :wave:
tulc(will just keep plugging away doing what he can) :oldthumbsup:

• Winner
Reactions: Jack Slatts
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A U.S. grand jury returned an indictment against a Russian woman on Tuesday, and added a charge accusing her of acting as a Russian government agent while developing ties with American citizens and infiltrating political groups.

The Russian woman arrested this week on charges of being a foreign agent had ties to Russian intelligence operatives and was in contact with them while in the United States, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

Maria Butina, 29, also was also engaged in “personal relationship” with an American Republican consultant only for business purposes and had offered sex to at least one other person “in exchange for a position within a special interest organization.

It would be funny if it was the group that puts on the National Prayer Breakfast, which she attended twice.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) says he’s not sure whether he’s the congressman mentioned in Monday’s indictment of a Russian gun-rights activist for acting as an unregistered agent of the Kremlin — but he is sure that the charge against the woman is “bogus.”

“I know I had dinner with [Butina] along with another member, along with a visiting delegation to Russia,” he said. “Is that something we should be worried about?”

Upvote 0