Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Given the OP argument that any deviation will lead one astray.
and that no 2 people read a chapter with the EXACT same understanding, Only 1 person can be accurate and everyone else must of missed the mark.

I think I'd rather go with letting the Holy Spirit guide me in my understanding, then it won't matter if I'm reading an Old English Translation, Modern English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, German, ect. By stating only 1 version of English is accurate dismisses the guiding spirit of God.
Of course the word of God is living and active, and sharper thn any two-edged sword; so it would be true that we all progress in our undrrstanding and are each at different levels of understanding. But if I hold the niv as inerrant and inspired, I will end up believing false doctrines such as universalism (see Romans 8:34, Ephesians 4:4 niv). This is spiritual poison that the Holy Spirit has warned me against, so I will not imbibe it, I will stick to my kjv.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't. If someone can show that a version other than the KJV is inerrant and inspired and not watered-down, I will gladly replace my KJV with that translation if it is available (the Geneva is not).

I see how someone can show that. I don't see how someone can show YOU that.
]

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The KJV only folks have a sole purpose: to bash other English Translations of the Holy Bible that are actually better than the KJV. Some even make the false and baseless claim that the KJV is inspired by God and without error. The KJV is JUST a good English translation of the Holy Bible. I repeat that the Holy Bible wasn't written in English.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
from your pov, such as?
I shall leave it. I have a huge, big tree trunk in my own eye! I apologise.

I think I should also leave this thread too. I had no bad feelings against the KJV until this thread.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if I hold the niv as inerrant and inspired, I will end up believing false doctrines such as universalism (see Romans 8:34, Ephesians 4:4 niv).

What? Nonsense.

Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. -- Romans 8:33, 34

It says that no one can condemn those God has chosen and justified. Where are you getting Universalism from that? If anything, that is an argument for Calvinist predestination.

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. -- Ephesians 4:1-6

He's urging the congregation at Ephesus to remember that that are part of the Body of Christ. Where are you getting Universalism from that?

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I certainly haven't taken my talents to hide them in the sand, if that is what you mean. See 1 Corinthians 15:10. For I know that I am saved by grace through faith, and that not of myself; it is God's gift to me, not of works so that I cannot boast. And because I am transformed by grace from the inside out, I do things conducive to the love that God has placed in my heart through His unmerited favour.
If you haven't understood what the requirements of a disciple are, you are obviously using the wrong method to receive spiritual food. It's not USE KJV ONLY. It's ask for bread daily. If your earthly father does not withhold good things from you when you ask for earthly bread, will your Father in heaven not give you the Holy Spirit when you pray?

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
What? Nonsense.

Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. -- Romans 8:33, 34

It says that no one can condemn those God has chosen and justified. Where are you getting Universalism from that? If anything, that is an argument for Calvinist predestination.

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. -- Ephesians 4:1-6

He's urging the congregation at Ephesus to remember that that are part of the Body of Christ. Where are you getting Universalism from that?
One might take from these verses that there is no one who condemns, and that the Father dwells in everyone. While in the kjv we find that Christ condemns, and the Father dwells in every Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The KJV only folks have a sole purpose: to bash other English Translations of the Holy Bible that are actually better than the KJV. Some even make the false and baseless claim that the KJV is inspired by God and without error. The KJV is JUST a good English translation of the Holy Bible. I repeat that the Holy Bible wasn't written in English.
Actually, our purpose is to say that the Bible is authoritative in at least one translation. If there is not a translation that is without error and thus authoritative, how does the Bible have the last word on everything? I can just believe whatever I want and choose a smorgasborg religion!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If you haven't understood what the requirements of a disciple are, you are obviously using the wrong method to receive spiritual food. It's not USE KJV ONLY. It's ask for bread daily. If your earthly father does not withhold good things from you when you ask for earthly bread, will your Father in heaven not give you the Holy Spirit when you pray?
I suspect (from some of your other posts) that you have a faith similar to that of the Jehovah's Witness. Salvation does not come by works. Period. Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 11:5-6, Romans 4:5, Titus 3:4-7, etc.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I shall leave it. I have a huge, big tree trunk in my own eye! I apologise.

I think I should also leave this thread too. I had no bad feelings against the KJV until this thread.
No. For the sake of my own personal growth, do me a favour as my brother and say what you think is wrong with me. If I am sinning I don't want to continue on in it. to @Sam91.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, our purpose is to say that the Bible is authoritative in at least one translation. If there is not a translation that is without error and thus authoritative, how does the Bible have the last word on everything? I can just believe whatever I want and choose a smorgasborg religion!

You already have and do, but KJV only isn't a religion. You avoid the important questions that really make a difference. You've made an idol out of the KJV.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
in hell I heard people arguing over which translation of the bible will tell them the truth. I felt sad for them, because I have seen the face of God so I know his heart. I knew it because I had to return that part of him to himself because he demanded it of me.

religion? I wish I could help them but I have faith that you and you alone shall make them to live and to stand. his beloved bride, she shall surly wake when she is ready.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Till all the predestined are saved.

You know, that's even funnier.

You do realize that "predestination" sets the goal, and not the course?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Till all the predestined are saved.

Typical anti-Calvinist rhetoric.

Again, this shows that you do not study.

You take somebodies word for fact.

If, you had read and studied the KJV, you would have seen that we are after the point of salvation:
  1. "predestined to be conformed to the image of the Son". -Rom. 8:29 (KJV)
  2. Because of salvation, we are "predestinated us unto the adoption of children." -Eph. 1:5 (KJV)
  3. Since we are saved, God has "we have obtained an inheritance". -Eph. 1:11 (KJV)
There is not single verse in scripture that tells us we are "predestinated to be saved.

Fact is, predestination happens after salvation, if you believe scripture.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One might take from these verses that there is no one who condemns, and that the Father dwells in everyone. While in the kjv we find that Christ condemns, and the Father dwells in every Christian.

No, that has to be twisted out of those verses by someone looking for a fault.

Listening to you, I have come to the conclusion that KJV-only people are really closet cessationists who believe that the counsel of the Holy Spirit ended with the Apostles, and there is nothing to lean on today except words on paper.

Upvote 0