Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
‘Atheism is often based on a false conception of human autonomy, exaggerated to the point of refusing any dependence on God.’ (CCC 2126)

‘Learn then that I, I alone, am God, and there is no god besides me. It is I who bring both death and life, I who inflict wounds and heal them. … With vengeance I will repay my foes and requite those who hate me.’ (Deuteronomy 32:35-41)

Over the years, I’ve spoken to many hundreds of atheists and, among them, I’ve yet to meet one who didn’t believe in God.

Instead, these people express hatred for God.

When I show atheists the numbers involved in, let’s say, the Fine-Tuning Argument, the HaShem Equation or the Ontological Argument or any other excellent arguments for God’s existence, the atheist in my sights will inevitably — like night follows the day — respond pettily, “Then why is God killing small children with leukemia?”

In Peter Shaffer’s Amadeus, the conniving, embittered and resentful Salieri conspires against his much more talented rival Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and God. His envy even leads him to burn a crucifix cursing God saying:

Continued below.
Many Atheists Know God Exists — They’re Just Angry That We Depend on Him