• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

managing skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Erwin gave us this lovely forum to fellowship and share management skills. :clap: here is a link that helps us learn management skills for our lives. BPD diagnosed or not. :thumbsup: everyone needs life skills. :groupray:
icon12.gif

God's word is best book on managing life skills. :clap:

here is a self selp site on learning to find managements skills that work for you. :hug:
http://www.dbtselfhelp.com/html/what_is_dbt_.html

the site talks about improving and excepting what we have. it's great biblical truths of many levels. let's give this thread over to postiing scriptures and managing skills in. :groupray:
icon12.gif

James 1
Greeting to the Twelve Tribes
1 James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad:
Greetings.
Profiting from Trials
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Philippians 4:4-9
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Theresasjourney

Be Still And Know That He Is God!
Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
YOU SAY
GOD SAYS
BIBLE VERSES
"It's impossible"
All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)
"I'm too tired"
I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)
"Nobody really loves me"
I love you
(John 3:16 & John 3:34 )
"I can't go on"
My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
"I can't figure things out"
I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5-6)
"I can't do it"
You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)
"I'm not able"
I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)
"It's not worth it"
It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )
"I can't forgive myself"
I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
"I can't manage"
I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)
"I'm afraid"
I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)
"I'm always worried and frustrated"
Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)
"I'm not smart enough"
I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)
"I feel all alone"
I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)

Reactions: bvwsmaker
Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful. Romans 12:12

Philippians 3:13
I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.