Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ham gets up early every day to pray, make a Holy Hour, and is involved in several Catholic charities.

Michael Ham was diagnosed with cerebral palsy and placed in a wheelchair at the age of 4. At the age of 10, his father left the family, leaving his mother to raise him alone. Toward the end of college, Ham experienced worsening pulmonary issues. Doctors realized he instead had a rare form of muscular dystrophy called Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy, which is characterized by progressive muscle weakness.

Ham is a cradle Catholic and grew up watching Mother Angelica. At 33 years old, he is reaching his final days and will be visiting the EWTN campus in Irondale, Alabama, on Aug. 5 as part of his last wish.

Ham spoke with CNA about the role Mother Angelica and the network have played in his life over the years and the strength he has received through EWTN to endure his sufferings. (Note: EWTN is the parent company of CNA and the National Catholic Register)

“I remember watching EWTN as a 2-year-old. It was one of my first, earliest memories,” he recalled. “I remember in 1993 seeing this wonderfully-dressed nun who had such a peaceful countenance about her and she was talking about the Father’s splendor.”

Continued below.

• Winner
Reactions: mourningdove~