Man Who Allegedly Attacked Pedestrian, Said 'White Power,' Charged with Hate Crime

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Man Who Allegedly Attacked Pedestrian, Said 'White Power,' Charged with Hate Crime
A 48-year-old man was arrested Monday and charged with a hate crime after allegedly assaulting an Asian man on a Manhattan street corner and telling him to "go back to your country," authorities said.

The attack happened around 10:40 a.m. Monday as a 30-year-old Asian man was walking along Third Avenue near East 53 Street, the New York Police Department (NYPD) told NBC News.

Steven Zatorski, who is white, approached the man, kicked him twice in the leg, and punched him in the face and back of his head multiple times, police allege.

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm picking up on a trend here. :D

While I personally think a separate category of crime is not necessary...if a racial/gender/preference/etc. is a component of a hate crime...this one evidently has it.

I don't know you, but I am concerned racial matters are burning you up.

How about how life is awesome, God loves you, go for a nice walk because it's a beautiful day.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Just goes to show if you look long enough you can find some discrimination but it is few and far inbetween. Usually we are guilty of what we accuse others of. I have found that the ones that go around accusing others are usually the most guilty themselves.
Your post makes no sense.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post makes no sense.
My point is that people like to accuse others but we need to work on ourselves. The Bible teaches us that we are not to be judgemental. We are to allow God to judge people.

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Just goes to show if you look long enough you can find some discrimination but it is few and far inbetween. Usually we are guilty of what we accuse others of. I have found that the ones that go around accusing others are usually the most guilty themselves.
This is the same logic that says if you are accused of a crime and you are really adamant about your innocence that the very act of protesting your innocence so vehemently means you are guilty. Hence the whole "I think thou dost protest too much..." line...

People who accuse others of discrimination aren't necessarily guilty of discrimination.

back to OP,

But what I will say is that I feel we should pick and choose are racially motivated posts. Finding a news article about some nutter who punched an Asian man serves no real purpose. I can dig up an article about some black guy punching some white guy while yelling racist slurs... meh... Doesn't help things.

I would ask that you be more selective in posting racial stuff. Try to post things that have national or systemic implications.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
My point is that people like to accuse others but we need to work on ourselves. The Bible teaches us that we are not to be judgemental. We are to allow God to judge people.
Still has nothing to do with this story. A court of law will determine this man's fate.

Upvote 0