Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Following the earthquake in Mexico at 7.1, there were two more, off the shore of New Zealand and Japan by a few hundred miles... There is a whole lot of shifting doing on too... Many events, earthquakes, hurricanes, flooding, fires, etc around the world..

There always are. For example, there have been 4 recorded earthquakes this year recorded in the 7.0-7.9 range. Sound high? In 2016 there were 16. In 2015 we had 18 in that range, and in 2014 there were 11.

If you look at the numbers, this year has actually been on the LOW side of tectonic events thus far.

So far this year we've had 4 major hurricanes, but that doesn't crack the Top 8. We'd need 4 more big ones to tie the top year in 1950.

The Oregon Eagle Creek wildfire seems bad, until you realize that with about 33,000 acres burnt, it's relatively small. Other years saw individual wildfires burn HUNDREDS of thousands of acres. Like the Holloway fire in 2012 who charred 245,000 acres. And that's not even the biggest on record.

It's not that more stuff is happening, it's that we're hearing about more of the stuff that was already happening all the time.

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my thoughts nothing is going to happen, not that I don't want it to.

But I reckon it is all just a lie. Pass the 23rd, after a lot of Christians putting their hope on that day are going to feel depressed and sad that nothing has happened. Let's not give Satan an edge.

I'm going to feel depressed and sad too. On the 24th, I'll wake up, look around and say, "Yep. Still here...
and my football team still BITES! Why, oh why Lord hast thou forsaken me!!!!" :doh:

• Haha
Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I know that something terrible will happen Sept 23. How? Because EVERY day I read the News about terrible stuff!

And just to poke at the superstitious nature of it all, remember I was mentioning that movie about finding the number 23 every where? Hmmmm. The TWENTY THIRD of September. And September is 3 squared -- 23. Definitely ominous.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys,
I think we should treat all days and all God's moedim as if it were the last one. I believe we honor Him to live this way. Those who are scared by the signs of the times and those who are skeptical, it makes no difference. If we don't let worship flow on these days and everyday we are missing out. That's what we were created for, to worship him and to meet with Him in our hearts on these appointed days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0