HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My computer is being repeatly attacked with a malware program when posting on this site. Do not hit the OK button or let this program scan your computer. Here what it looks like;

Warning from webpage

Your computer remains infected by viruses! They can cause data loss and file damages and need to be cured as soon as possible. Return to System Security and download it secure to your PC.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I haven't had any trouble; nor has my husband who logs in from his work pc.
Perhaps you need to update your spyware protection and check your general security settings.

That is all I can offer; others may have ideas or similar experiences.

Good luck and God bless + :angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It won't be this site, itself. Most likely, one of the adservers got infected and you're getting it from that. I run into the same problem at a couple of other sites I visit, and the adservers are undoubtedly at the bottom of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

icarusforde

I'm really good at breaking things.
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2008
New Zealand
✟173,523.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
mjmcmillan said:
It won't be this site, itself. Most likely, one of the adservers got infected and you're getting it from that. I run into the same problem at a couple of other sites I visit, and the adservers are undoubtedly at the bottom of it.

Not always. There's been a couple of times i can recall when scripts and templates on CF were infected.

Best thing is to keep virus and malware protection up to date, and for heavens sake don't use norton or mcafee - they're the two major ones most hackers try to bypass.

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I use Trend, but it's still good to be aware and not get fooled by these malware programs they can be quite tricky. I either pull up my windows task manager and end the process or just log off, never click any where on the program itself even to close it out, that's what gives it the opportunity to run on your computer.

Upvote 0

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First: download a FREE malwarebyte program: Malwarebytes.org
Second: follow the instructions on using this program: How to Use Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware | Virus Removal Guru
(it's better to not have your browser running whilst cleaning up so print up the instructions beforehand)
Third: after you reboot your computer, run your AV again to make your nasty files are removed.

I got hit by malware twice~ and I've used this application and loved it. DO NOT BE FOOLED into buying programs....they do this to scare you into buying it making you panic that your computer got a virus. how I got into this? go to www.bleepingcomputer.com-- they have TONS of tutorials and tips, especially about malwares.

hope this helps!!!!

Upvote 0