Malta is set to legalize abortion soon. President George Vella, who is also a pro-life physician, says he’ll quit if it happens...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We need more leaders like George Vella, current president of Malta. The small jewel of an island nation, in the middle of the Mediterranean, with one of the most pleasant climates and locales on earth. Besides its geographic beauty, Malta is also spiritually rich, steeped in Catholic tradition and history, and still, until recently, one of the few places left on earth where the Faith was still lived in a communal, integral way, in that harmony between the Church and the State, for which Pope Leo XIII and many other Popes have called. The Great Siege of Malta in 1565 is one of the greatest military episodes in all of history, when a vastly outnumbered band of Catholic Knights Hospitaller held the island against thousands of Muslim Ottoman invaders.

In my own imagination, writing from the rural regions of frosty Canada, I have thought of Malta as a mythical refuge, to which I could sail as things fell apart, mooring my boat on some rocky reef, to eke out my days in the Catholic sunshine, with lots of laughter and good red wine.

But that Sun is about to set, as Malta, one of the last pro-life places on this planet, is about to legalize abortion, drowning the island in the blood of innocents. (See the accompanying article by Maltese priest, Father Attard). President Vella, who is also a pro-life physician, promises to resign if this bill passes into law. There are no exceptions for him, for a baby is a baby, regardless of the circumstances of his conception, and taking an innocent life is, simply, murder.

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: Brother-Mike