*LoveIs* John 15:12
Aug 30, 2004
Georgia
✟23,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which do you prefer as the lead singer or do you have a preference?
Do you think that there is some music a girl just 'cannot' sing (or perform)?
Why is this?

_

I listen to more males.
Just because I like rock and there aren't a lot of female christian rockers out there.

_

I want to be one though *tear*.

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't care who sings-- man or woman-- as long as the singing fits the music. I think there are certainly genres of music where female singers haven't flourished in the past (heavy metal comes to mind), but I would think that those boundaries are being broken down and/or disregarded more these days.
If you want to be one, then be one!

Upvote 0

BlackRain

Dec 21, 2004
texas
✟8,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
more of my cd are guys than girls...but i think that's just by chance. there are so many girls who have incredible voices as well as guys. i think it's neat how girls are starting to come into heavy metal...do i like that kind of music...not really, but i still think it's great that people are exploring options and new areas in the music field.

Upvote 0

Rockchick4JC

Anticonformist
Mar 31, 2005
In a happy place
✟2,335.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
_sunshinegirl said:
_

I listen to more males.
Just because I like rock and there aren't a lot of female christian rockers out there.

_

I want to be one though *tear*.

Power to the people! I like to listen to female Christian Rock music and I like singing it also.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

AmzabellaFaith

Mar 27, 2005
Birmingham (near there)
✟7,748.00
Faith
Christian
I tend to listen to alot of male stuff like Matt Redman, Delirious and DC talk. There doen't seem to be enough female worship leaders out there.

On the other hand I like listening to barlow girl and evanescence. But generally I enjoy listening to male singers.
:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mortis

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
✟241.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Republican
When it comes to metal I feel that no one can hit quite as hard as a dude. Female singers in metal bands , are a musical novelty, and are just too different. Like the chic from the band OTEP is just so strange to hear, that it takes away from the music. Metal is a masculin genre.

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Talent is talent. There are some types of music males are more suited to but I like people who sing well. Tina Turner, Janis Joplin, Etta James and Aretha Franklin not only sing will but I imagine could hold their own with just about any man, any day.

Upvote 0

KTskater

Dec 2, 2004
✟21,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I listen to mostly punk (Christian and secular) and there are a lot of female punk vocalists, you just have to go underground like The Distillers, The Runnaways and The Plazmatics just to name a few. I don't sing in my band at the moment. But I do record my own songs and for female rock vocals you have to just be as obnoxious as you can with out going out of pitch. I also sing and play guitar in my churches band, so I can sing pretty good I guess.
But my all time favorite is...both. I think it sounds awesome when both men and women are singing (like in Sonic Youth)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.