Male/ Female church leadership

Do you believe women can be leaders in the church?

• Never

• Always

• Only under specific circumstances (please share)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prettyrose436

May 24, 2004
CT
✟1,269.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
women can be teachers of other women and those that are younger than her, such as children, but should not teach elders of the church. Therefor women shouldn't be able to be preachers. I would look up the scripture but i was just about to go to bed. hehe

Upvote 0

theAmishGirl

Caution: This product will argue if aggitated!
Jul 22, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
✟8,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm very traditional, and if I am going to practice the rest of 1st Corinthians I have to heed the rest of it too. I think women can teach (educationally) children and give a good foundation, but not publically in the church.

Upvote 0

53Isaiah

2 Timothy 4:1-8
Nov 1, 2005
Massachusetts
✟16,176.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Robinsegg ,
I’ve given it some playful consideration, and felt that I could not vote given how the question was asked and the options available.

The question does not specify if by leadership you are talking, deacons, pastors, or leading Sunday school…

Upvote 0

KellyLeigh

Legend
Aug 13, 2005
✟22,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose I am very traditional in my beliefs as well. I think the Pastor what whatever he is called in your Church should be a man. Women are "leaders" if you will by raising their children to know and love God and Jesus Christ. A good and lasting faith that lasts throughout the years often starts in childhood.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose I am very traditional in my beliefs as well. I think the Pastor what whatever he is called in your Church should be a man.

...but don't you think being called to do the ministry is more important then what sex you are? :scratch:
Women are "leaders" if you will by raising their children to know and love God and Jesus Christ.
and is the job of both parents, right? At what point do you think a child should stop learning from his mom? I mean a male child eventually becomes a man, so does admonishing your son become wrong? (I'm not trying to make fun here, I'm just wondering)
A good and lasting faith that lasts throughout the years often starts in childhood.

:amen:
tulc(waiting for coffee) :sigh:

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I should point out, my church doesn't practice any kind of distinction between people, not on gender, and indeed, not on vocation. You speak when the Spirit leads you, and that's a vocation. The rest of the time, you stay quiet, or ask questions, and that's a vocation too.

I am very unconvinced of the notion that a person who has a vocation always has it 24/7 for a lifetime. Sometimes, you're a minister for five minutes one afternoon and you never even find out it mattered.

I've told this story before, but:

One day, when I was depressed and just didn't see any point in anything, I was walking around the mall to get into the air conditioning while waiting for the bus.

This couple walked by me, and one of them came up to me, and pointed to the other. "You know something? I love that girl. I really love her."

I doubt anyone ever ordained that person, and indeed, any ceremony we performed would have been a mere afterthought, but in that place, at that time, that person brought comfort to the afflicted, and hope to the despairing.

He is not a tame lion.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
seebs said:
I should point out, my church doesn't practice any kind of distinction between people, not on gender, and indeed, not on vocation.

With no distinction of gender homosexual/transexual activity it seems would be allowed if not encouraged.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.