Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My inclination is the possibility of a rogue pilot, similar to what happened with the German pilot recently, who dived the plane into the ground.

A lot doesn't add up with this situation though, with the route the plane flew (turning around) and then staying in flight for 5-6 hours.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Possible slow decompression, leaving the flight crew confused is a possible explanation for the plane going off route, auto pilot then flies in a straight line way off course until it runs out of fuel, long after everyone aboard is already dead. It's happened before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Australia_Beechcraft_King_Air_crash

That is possible.

What still bugs me though, is they made a distinct 180 change of course and they needed to be alert to be able to pull that off and no call in to tell anyone what they were doing.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That is possible.

What still bugs me though, is they made a distinct 180 change of course and they needed to be alert to be able to pull that off and no call in to tell anyone what they were doing.
I'm just throwing ideas out, but is it possible to be O2 deprived enough to make a turn like that in a confused state, but still do it safely? I mean, I've done and said some very strange and counter-intuitive stuff when I've been half asleep that felt logical at the time. Altered mental states are, well, weird, you know?

Not saying that's what happened, but it doesn't seem impossible to me as an explanation.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm just throwing ideas out, but is it possible to be O2 deprived enough to make a turn like that in a confused state, but still do it safely? I mean, I've done and said some very strange and counter-intuitive stuff when I've been half asleep that felt logical at the time. Altered mental states are, well, weird, you know?

Not saying that's what happened, but it doesn't seem impossible to me as an explanation.

It is not impossible, I just find it unlikely, one of the pilots was in complete control of the plane to manually change course to such a great degree and the other pilot wouldn't quickly radio in they had a problem. Also, after they changed course, someone was coherent enough to put the autopilot on, it seems like.

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0