• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Jackie789

Oct 3, 2021
California
✟8,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, first of all, I hope you are well. I am glad you are here on this Earth. You are special and timeless to God.
I struggle with something with Maladaptive Daydreaming all my life. It’s called MADD. It’s a disorder. Basically I have had childhood trauma and other crazy life difficulties as people do, resulting in daydreaming. I graduated high school about a year ago. I have gotten better! I buckled down and got a Drivers license, a job, I go to College night at church, and I’m in a small group (Bible study)

one factor of maladaptive daydreaming is that the daydreams are paired with intense emotion with them. Even though I get them less often and less intense. they still are present.

Here’s the kicker: the daydreams are prophetic oriented. They are now about meeting real people today who are wealthy and mock God, and they are about me helping them with their salvation. Real life stuff! Lining up with scripture and with the truth that Jesus is the Messiah and God.

is this from God? Prophetic? Mental illness?
Thoughts?

please be kind in your responses, I’m mentally ill and suffering physically and mentally.

If you feel called, please bow your head and ask the Holy Spirit what He might tell you about this. Trust me, I’m doing that also

God bless

Last edited:
Reactions: Gottservant

TheFlagen430297

Nevermind, I found it :P
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2021
Missouri USA
Visit site
✟30,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible does say that in the last days that visions will come to people.
Though I wouldn't say that it is 100% Mental illness or from God.

But it is possible that God is using your "Illness"* to help teach you (Or prepare you) to spread the gospel :)
So maybe you might come across someone who is kinda rich and doesn't care for God but then they meet you and you help them. Just a theory.

But if you feel like this is truly from God (Which is totally possible) then I wouldn't shrug it off as part of your illness, but definitely ask the Holy Spirit to guild you :D

*Maybe your illness is a gift from the HS
(I also could be totally wrong XD)

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I don't know about you, but between me and God: if I can say it (to myself), God can acknowledge it (within me).

So I see someone who needs encouragement, and I think "God wants to encourage you, in Jesus Name Amen" then God acknowledges [I have encouraged that person] in my Spirit.

It's not an attempt to stay God, but saying something God can attempt.

As for it being prophetic, I have to say you have inspired me - I know what prophecy is, but I have never thought to work with the Holy Spirit to save people that way. Cheers!

Upvote 0

Jackie789

Oct 3, 2021
California
✟8,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible does say that in the last days that visions will come to people.
Though I wouldn't say that it is 100% Mental illness or from God.

But it is possible that God is using your "Illness"* to help teach you (Or prepare you) to spread the gospel :)
So maybe you might come across someone who is kinda rich and doesn't care for God but then they meet you and you help them. Just a theory.

But if you feel like this is truly from God (Which is totally possible) then I wouldn't shrug it off as part of your illness, but definitely ask the Holy Spirit to guild you :D

*Maybe your illness is a gift from the HS
(I also could be totally wrong XD)
What would you do if you were me? The situation is distressing?

Upvote 0

TheFlagen430297

Nevermind, I found it :P
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2021
Missouri USA
Visit site
✟30,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What would you do if you were me? The situation is distressing?
  • Read my bible
  • Do research on it. Biblically and scientificity
  • PRAY!

Now I will say that because I don't know you're situation, I can't give a 100% actuate answer.
But I can say that I am an adult, so I do have the ability to go and try to spread the gospel to the said people in person.

BUT
Just because you may not be able to meet the said people in person, we live in a tech world, where we can talk to people from really anywhere we are, so if God is laying it on your heart to tell these people about the gospel, then try to find them on social media :D
DM (Direct Message) them a bible verse to them, or a YouTube link to a good video. Sure you might get blocked or kicked off, but it is way worth it. If they don't accept what you have to say, then don't worry, you did what God asked you too :)

Also, you don't have to DM people to spread the gospel, you could make a video online that has a bible verse, and that video could get to the person that you are daydreaming about.

I do pray that God gives you guidance :)

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, first of all, I hope you are well. I am glad you are here on this Earth. You are special and timeless to God.
I struggle with something with Maladaptive Daydreaming all my life. It’s called MADD. It’s a disorder. Basically I have had childhood trauma and other crazy life difficulties as people do, resulting in daydreaming. I graduated high school about a year ago. I have gotten better! I buckled down and got a Drivers license, a job, I go to College night at church, and I’m in a small group (Bible study)

one factor of maladaptive daydreaming is that the daydreams are paired with intense emotion with them. Even though I get them less often and less intense. they still are present.

Here’s the kicker: the daydreams are prophetic oriented. They are now about meeting real people today who are wealthy and mock God, and they are about me helping them with their salvation. Real life stuff! Lining up with scripture and with the truth that Jesus is the Messiah and God.

is this from God? Prophetic? Mental illness?
Thoughts?

please be kind in your responses, I’m mentally ill and suffering physically and mentally.

If you feel called, please bow your head and ask the Holy Spirit what He might tell you about this. Trust me, I’m doing that also

God bless

Hello, Jackie. It much depends on what you mean by daydreaming. Sometimes that is just meditating on life in our mind --quite normal, and one can include God in our ever thoughts (if one is "born again" as John 3:16; and note John 14). Let us always take every thought to God for help in acting on it for blessing to others around us (if it is good thoughts for others); and if not good thoughts we need to confess it to God for help --He cares! Write me personally on Conversation page if you wish to chat, friend. -1watchman

Upvote 0

Jackie789

Oct 3, 2021
California
✟8,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, Jackie. It much depends on what you mean by daydreaming. Sometimes that is just meditating on life in our mind --quite normal, and one can include God in our ever thoughts (if one is "born again" as John 3:16; and note John 14). Let us always take every thought to God for help in acting on it for blessing to others around us (if it is good thoughts for others); and if not good thoughts we need to confess it to God for help --He cares! Write me personally on Conversation page if you wish to chat, friend. -1watchman
I am fairly new to the website, so I am not sure how to start a chat… :D

Upvote 0