United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let us focus on the promise of eternity,
and set our hearts on the things of Heaven.
~ First Sunday of Advent, 2020

Making an Advent wreath for Christmas 2020. Who knew it could be such a meditative process?
It started out really tentatively and frankly, badly. In the sense that I was insecure over how it’d turn out and I kept undoing, redoing, all the piercings I’d made in the foam. Do, undo, redo. An allusion for some of life’s decisions, perhaps?

As I carried on, I had to “muscle” through my apprehension and fears of failure. Who’d have known something like this would call up nagging inadequacies? But God is in all things, I know. And so after a sour and agitated start, I set aside my pride of doing badly and went ahead to let whatever initial “mistakes” be. I kept at it. Even if I hesitated a lot.

Turned out, it just needed time, and perseverance. Slowly taking shape in its messiness; I had to be patient and kind with myself, mostly. The Advent wreath was a teaching moment from God to me. Much needed in this wilderness.

May I continue to be fearless about accomplishing more “firsts” in spite of the obstacles. Even if I go at it alone, even if I struggle or stumble, I am not ever alone. For He has said before to me, “I am with you always.” This is a promise, never-changing. So I shall stay faithful and always open to receive His Word.

Continued below.
Making & Meditating on an Advent Wreath