Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Making a Board Bow

A cheap and effective way to make a board bow. Almost 10 years ago now my buddy and I started a family archery club at our church. We made our own English style Longbows, arrows, etc and had a ton of fun doing so. One of the bows we made had a draw of 120#, needless to say only two of us could pull it and we couldn't hit anything with consistency but it made from two laminated boards from Home Depot.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟679,564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if there is a way to make bows at lesser draw weights. I have just a 50lb recurve and I'm shaking by the time I fire it. Seventy pounds seems too much and 120 pounds is over the top! I would like about a 30 to 35 pound pull for target practice.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟750,805.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I wonder if there is a way to make bows at lesser draw weights. I have just a 50lb recurve and I'm shaking by the time I fire it. Seventy pounds seems too much and 120 pounds is over the top! I would like about a 30 to 35 pound pull for target practice.
You could always tiller the bow to your needs. Are you drawing and holding or shooting instinctively? I release the arrow when I reach my draw length.

Some of the more inexpensive bows on amazon have received decent reviews. I'm looking at a horse bow right now. It would be nice to have one so we could reproduce it.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

• Informative
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0