Majority Of Employees At Child Migrant Facilities Were Not Vetted For Child Abuse Or Sex Offenses, IG Report Claims

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The audit noted a litany of problems that occurred through lax oversight. There was no evidence that FBI fingerprint checks were conducted for 174 out of 229 EIS employees and that while such checks were conducted for 25 employees they failed to conduct such a procedure in a timely manner. Only for 30 employees did such checks occur in a timely manner. Background checks for child abuse and neglect were only conducted in a timely fashion for 9 EIS employees out of 229. For the rest, the vast majority did not have any such check documented. It further noted that the ORR waived its own Child Abuse and Neglect check requirement for 51 employees out of 200.
The whole process is sick and twisted. I can't express my disgust when Mayorkas claimed ignorance on the bracelets, or that the Biden administration lost track of 85,000 children.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Report from HHS.
This was conducted in FY ‘21.
This was the review of how the Trump administration fared.
That's what I suspected at first, too, but if you scroll to pg 29-32, they have the hire dates of all of the people they looked at and they were all hired between late March and early May 2021. Without checking, I suppose it's possible that a bunch of Trump's people were still running things at that point, but I wouldn't blindly assume so.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That's what I suspected at first, too, but if you scroll to pg 29-32, they have the hire dates of all of the people they looked at and they were all hired between late March and early May 2021. Without checking, I suppose it's possible that a bunch of Trump's people were still running things at that point, but I wouldn't blindly assume so.
FY ‘21 started on October 1 2020 and ran until September 30, 2021 (economically speaking it’s Trump’s year).

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Report from HHS.
This was conducted in FY ‘21.
This was the review of how the Trump administration fared.

And if you think Biden has fared any better.....

Well let's see, this administration ignores the border crisis and changes topics asap.

They ship people around the country in the dead of night and don't want to discuss that either....

They got these illegals staying hotels in major cities while homeless pile up on the streets...and they don't want to talk about that....

They passed a budget for CBP which took some heat from Republicans because it only speeds up the process of entry to the US....

I wonder if the jobs in this economic recovery aren't helping the economy much because they are going to illegals who need to pay off the cartels?

This administration doesn't want to discuss the record numbers of either adults, children, people with criminal records, suspected terrorists, etc....

It would be weird if the one thing this administration did correctly was vetting anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m aware of that, but this isn’t about economics.
Right but this the report
“THE OFFICE OF REFUGEE RESETTLEMENT NEEDS TO IMPROVE ITS PRACTICES FOR BACKGROUND CHECKS DURING INFLUXES”, could only be looking at data from the Trump Administration since these reports were begun to assess what the shape was of agencies affected by the Trump Administration’s policies.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
“THE OFFICE OF REFUGEE RESETTLEMENT NEEDS TO IMPROVE ITS PRACTICES FOR BACKGROUND CHECKS DURING INFLUXES”, could only be looking at data from the Trump Administration since these reports were begun to assess what the shape was of agencies affected by the Trump Administration’s policies.

Trump....hmmm...sounds familiar....

Wasn't he the guy trying to deport children and parents back to their home country?

I think you'll have to cut him some slack...he was busy bungling Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan during the 1st 9 months of this administration.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not correct - it was not only looking at data from the Trump administration. FY 21 spanned both administrations. The audit was conducted in May-June 2021 and the folks they looked at were hired March-May 2021. That's a few months into the Biden administration. It's certainly possible that these policies and the people executing them were holdovers from the prior administration, but nothing I saw in the report (which I concede I only skimmed) made that point clear one way or another.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not correct - it was not only looking at data from the Trump administration. FY 21 spanned both administrations. The audit was conducted in May-June 2021 and the folks they looked at were hired March-May 2021. That's a few months into the Biden administration. It's certainly possible that these policies and the people executing them were holdovers from the prior administration, but nothing I saw in the report (which I concede I only skimmed) made that point clear one way or another.
I don’t think that we’re in disagreement.
I seem to recall that the transition from the 45-46 administrations was spotty.
I view this report as an assessment of what the Trump Administration had done to/for the affected agencies, while the Biden Administration tried to bring these agencies back into conformity with the laws and regulations within them.
Yes, there will have been deficiencies in the Biden Administration because they both had to assess what they had been given while still performing the duties of the agencies.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think that we’re in disagreement.
I seem to recall that the transition from the 45-46 administrations was spotty.
I view this report as an assessment of what the Trump Administration had done to/for the affected agencies, while the Biden Administration tried to bring these agencies back into conformity with the laws and regulations within them.

Hilarious.

Yes, there will have been deficiencies in the Biden Administration because they both had to assess what they had been given while still performing the duties of the agencies.

Sure sure....

80k children missing.
A sprawling human trafficking network created.
Sanctuary cities far from the border begging for help.
Border cities like El Paso literally overrun with illegals.

And this is somehow an indication of Biden getting it all in order.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums