onajourney87

Contributor
Oct 28, 2003
✟13,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel a bit guilty posting this, having never been praying for things in this forum, but, thankfully God is a gracious God, hopefully you all are also.

This is essentially a three-part prayer request...

Please pray that:
- my parents will come to Christ if they are not Christians(chances are, they are not Christians, though they think they are)
- my older sister's and my meeting with the youth pastor of her church regarding my parents goes well on Tuesday, and that my parents will allow me to go with her
- that God would give us(my older sister, myself, and the youth pastor) wisdom with all this
- for my twin sister... she has some major troubles and problems due to our parents

For those of you who like being a tad bit snoopy, you can get an idea of the problem from this thread:
http://www.christianforums.com/t1133642

Kyle

myrobinsnest

Nov 2, 2004
✟368.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Honesty is sometimes needed. If you feel smothered and deprived and unable to grow because of the circumstances, you probably need to share that with your parents.

I really don't know if your parents have been right or wrong in the life they have created for you. Public school, etc. has a lot of brainwash concerning science, sex education, situational ethics, morality etc.

I personally believe it is important to be led of the Lord in what is done concerning a family and one's own life. My children were in a Christian school, home schooled, and in public school, as God led. While home schooled I had them enrolled in a YMCA soccer program for exercise, physical development and fun.

According to your perception your parents have lived more in fear and unforgiveness than in faith. Is financial tightness a big part of this picture? I know I would have liked to have my kids in more things but we didn't have the money. I am sure my children felt other kids got a lot more, and they did. We didn't have a choice.

This difference may be a generational difference. Kids didn't have a full social life in earlier generations. They just stayed home. Especially if they lived on farms etc.

I think school sports were really most of the outlet for youth entertainment in the past. Those who lived in town played around their neighborhoods.

Our family, when I was growing up, moved a lot. I went to 20 different schools and even some in Korea. It has caused me to be disconnected as an adult. There are some postives and some negatives. I am able to walk alone with God and obey him no matter where the crowd is going. But I don't have strong skills in working with other's.

Some of this forming as children is part of the calling God has for us. Nothing is by accident.

You may feel that you have missed so much in the world, but a lot of that is negative influence. As you are becoming an adult you will be able to make your own choice of life styles and develop in directions that you feel hindered.

I am not sure all of that makes your parents non-christians or people who have done their children harm. Are they born again?

Father, I ask you to work in this family and make YOUR way in their midst.

As a parent, I can tell you that there were times that my children pushed for what they felt was important in their lives, and I began to hear them and become more flexible in those directions. A lot of life is about communication of our feeling and needs to others so they can help in those areas. Parents usually want their children to develop and be fulfilled and find their own talents and callings.

Be sure when you talk about your family to this youth pastor that you are being fair and not bringing harmful accusations against them. Be a faithful son and do what is upright and honest. Lord help this son to know the truth and help this youth pastor to be able to give them sound advice. Make a way for peace in this young man's heart, Lord. Amen

Upvote 0

Serenity Now!

the poster formerly known as Rev2:10
Oct 1, 2004
WI
Visit site
✟15,999.00
Faith
Christian
QUOTE=osmaker]Please pray that:
- my parents will come to Christ if they are not Christians(chances are, they are not Christians, though they think they are)
- my older sister's and my meeting with the youth pastor of her church regarding my parents goes well on Tuesday, and that my parents will allow me to go with her
- that God would give us(my older sister, myself, and the youth pastor) wisdom with all this
- for my twin sister... she has some major troubles and problems due to our parents

http://www.christianforums.com/t1133642

Kyle[/QUOTE]
Dear Lord,

I lift up this hurting family up to you in prayer. Please soften Kyle's parent's hearts. Open them up to receive you and your love as a part of their lives. May they open up every part of their lives to you, their children, and to other people who could help them with their journey with you.

Please be with Kyle, and give him strength to never give up. He's had such a tough time. Give him the gift of peace so that he can move on and continue in your love no matter what happens within his family. You are his father that loves him so unconditionally. Thank you Lord!

Please be with Kyle's sisters. Fill them with your Holy Spirit so that they can learn to forgive. Bless them with knowledge so they know where to go from here.

Thank you for bringing Kyle here so that he can receive Christian Support.

Amen.

Upvote 0

Cat59

Just me
Aug 28, 2003
Beautiful Wales
Visit site
✟40,090.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Please pray that:
Praying for your family, that you will all be blessed by the Lord with strengthened faith and wisdom, and that the Lord will be all to your family.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

Upvote 0

onajourney87

Contributor
Oct 28, 2003
✟13,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all for the prayers.

myrobinsnest said:
Honesty is sometimes needed. If you feel smothered and deprived and unable to grow because of the circumstances, you probably need to share that with your parents.

Yes, that is largely what my older sister and I plan to talk about with the youth pastor.

myrobinsnest said:
Our family, when I was growing up, moved a lot. I went to 20 different schools and even some in Korea. It has caused me to be disconnected as an adult. There are some postives and some negatives. I am able to walk alone with God and obey him no matter where the crowd is going. But I don't have strong skills in working with other's.

Some of this forming as children is part of the calling God has for us. Nothing is by accident.

You may feel that you have missed so much in the world, but a lot of that is negative influence. As you are becoming an adult you will be able to make your own choice of life styles and develop in directions that you feel hindered.

Indeed, nothing goes unplanned by God. I have no regrets about how I have been raised. I can see how God has shapped me for His plans through most of what I've been through, and know that what I don't yet understand, God still had a reason for.

myrobinsnest said:
I am not sure all of that makes your parents non-christians or people who have done their children harm. Are they born again?

What I have posted, in and of itself, is not what makes me question whether or not my parents are Christians or not. Essentially, as my sister and I talked about how to approach them, what and how to discuss issues, etc, we realized that our parents bear no fruit. And God says we will know people by their fruit...
I'd go into more detail, but don't currently have the time.

myrobinsnest said:
Be sure when you talk about your family to this youth pastor that you are being fair and not bringing harmful accusations against them. Be a faithful son and do what is upright and honest.

Aye. My sister and I are going to go over some stuff tonight so that we are fair 'n' the like.

Thank you for the advice, and the bit of story from your own life. It was encouraging. :)

Kyle

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.