Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many have said there is no commandment to keep the Sabbath prior to the giving of the commandment on Mr. Sinai.However you will see that it was not needed to be commanded. Romans 1:19, and 20 tell us the invisible things were clearly seen from the creation of the world so we are without excuse. But that is not all. There is more. Genesis 1:26 tells us how. Most translations say that we are made in God’s image and likeness. @BobRyan @Gary K @sandman @Dosblade the following highlighted in red is not true in respect to the passage. But the post stands without it. (But the text actually says more in the Hebrew The words likeness and image are actually compound words, בְּ·צַלְמֵ֖·נ"in our image move" and בְּ דְמוּתֵ֑·נוּ "in our likeness move" is what God says there. The prefix כִּ meaning in and the suffix נוּ meaning move in both words). With צַלְמֵ֖ being image. And דְמוּתֵ֑ translating to likeness. In other words when Adam and Eve were made they were made in God’s image and likeness to move. So when God rested they rested on the Seventh Day because they were one with God moving in His image and likeness. Adam and Eve fell away from this when they sinned. But Jesus reestablished to its utmost. For God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. With man this was impossible but with God all things are possible. Him in us, us in Him that the world might believe. For it is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. And as Acts 17 states In Him we live. move and have our being, Incidentally that is said of unbelievers as well even as some of their own poets had said and Paul testified. John 17, Philippians 2:13. Below are verse references and excerpts from Hebrew Lexicons so you can see the proof for yourself. God bless!

Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Gen 1:26 וַ·יֹּ֣אמֶר said אֱלֹהִ֔ים And God נַֽעֲשֶׂ֥ה Let us make אָדָ֛ם man בְּ·צַלְמֵ֖·נוּ in our image move כִּ·דְמוּתֵ֑·נוּ after our likeness move וְ·יִרְדּוּ֩ and let them have dominion בִ·דְגַ֨ת over the fish הַ·יָּ֜ם of the sea וּ·בְ·ע֣וֹף and over the fowl הַ·שָּׁמַ֗יִם of the air וּ·בַ·בְּהֵמָה֙ and over the cattle וּ·בְ·כָל־ all הָ·אָ֔רֶץ and over all the earth וּ·בְ·כָל־ every הָ·רֶ֖מֶשׂ and over every creeping thing הָֽ·רֹמֵ֥שׂ that creepeth עַל־ on הָ·אָֽרֶץ׃ upon the earth

First נֵד From the Gesineus Lexicon

H5110 - GES5023
נוּד
(compare cogn. נָדַד)-

(1) to be moved, to be agitated (Arab, ناد Med. Waw id.), used of a reed shaken by the wind, 1Kin 14:15, hence to wander, to be a fugitive, Jer 4:1, Gen 4:12, 14 Psa 56:9, to flee, 11:1, Jer 49:30. Figuratively, Isa 17:11, נֵד קָצִיר “the harvest has fled” [“but see נֵד ” which some in this place take as the subst.].

(2) Followed by a dat. to pity, to commiserate (as signified by a motion of the head, compare Job 16:4, 16:5,); hence-(a) to comfort the afflicted, followed by לְ of pers. 2:1, 42:11, Isa 51:19, Jer 16:5.-(b) to grieve, to lament, to deplore the dead, 22:10.

Hiphil הֵנִיד.-

(1) causat. to cause to wander, to expel, 2Kin 21:8, Psa 36:12.

(2) i.q. Kal, to agitate, to nod, wag with the head (בְּרֹאשׁ), Jer 18:16.

Hophal, part. מֻנָד 2Sam 23:6, shaken out, thrust out; but R. b. Asher reads מֻנָּד, from the root נָדַד.

Hithpael הִתְנוֹדֵד.-

(1) to be moved to and fro, to wag, Isa 24:20, to move the head, Jer 48:27.

(2) to lament, Jer 31:18.

Derived nouns, מָנוֹד, נִיד, נוֹד [and in Thes. נֵד].

Secondly בְּ from the same Lexicon.

GES855
בְּ
(A) pr. in, with ablat. Gr. ἐν. Specially-

(1) in, pr. of place [“which might be more fully and precisely expressed by בְּתֹךְ, בְּקֶרֶב”], as בָּעִיר in the city, בַּבַּיִת in the house, בַּבּוֹר in the pit, בָּאָרֶץ in the land or province, בַּאֲשֶׁר in (a place) which = where; then used of time: בַּשָּׁנָה הַהִיא Judg 10:8, בְּרֵאשִׁית Gen 1:1, comp. בְּטֶרֶם, בְּעוֹר; also of the condition in which we are: בְּשָׁלוֹם 1Sam 29:7, and, in the later Hebrew, it is even prefixed pleon. to adverbs: בְּכֹה, בְּכֵן. By a peculiar idiom of language, it is used of the fountain, origin, and material whence any thing is drawn, is made, or comes forth; as-(a) in the phrase, “to drink in a cup,” i.e. to drink what is in the cup; for “out of the cup” (like the French “boire dans une tasse;” Gr. ἐν χρυσῷ, ἐν ποτηρίοιζ πίνειν, Xenoph. Anab. vi. 1, § 4); Gen 44:5, Amos 6:6, comp. Chald. Dan 5:2.-(b) of the material, as the German eine Münze in Gold, ein Stoff in Wolle, in Grz gegoffen. 2Chr 9:18, כֶּבֶשׂ בַּזָּהָב “a footstool of gold.” Exod 38:8, Lev 13:52, 1Kin 7:14, Ezek 7:20. Metaph.-(c) יָרַע בְּ to know by any thing, Exod 7:17.

(2) When it refers to a multitude, in the midst of which one is, i.q. among, in. Lam 1:3, בַּגּוֹיִם “among the nations.” 2Kin 18:5, בְּכָל־מַלְבֵי יְהוּרָה. 2Sam 15:31, “Ahithophel is בַּקּשְׁרִים among the conspirators.” Psa 118:7, יְהֹוָה בְּעֹזְרַי “Jehovah is among my helpers,” i.e. is my helper (comp. Lat. in magnis viris est habendus); Job 15:10, Jer 6:18. Song 1:8, הַיָּפָה בַּנָּשִׁים “fair (fairest) among women.” Lam 1:1, Josh 14:15, comp. Luke 1:25, 28, 42. Specially it signifies a part excepted from a whole number (as מִן No. 1). Psa 139:16, “my days were determined וְלֹא אֶחָד בָּהֶם when as yet not one among them (of them) existed.” Exod 14:28. 1Sam 11:11, “two בָּם of them;” Lev 26:36, Deut 1:35. Hence, when used with some verbs, it shews that they refer to only a part of the predicate; as הִכָּה בְּ to smite (several) of them, to cause a slaughter among enemies (different from הִכָּה with an acc. to smite them), 2Sam 23:10, הָרַג בְּ Psa 78:31, comp. נָשָׂא בְּ Job 7:13, בָּנָה בְּ, an etwas bauen, to build on, Zech 6:15, בְּ, שָׁתָה, אָכַל Prov 9:5.

Last edited:

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Op was edited due to error. I like to thank @daq for trying to show me this then by telling me I was wrong. That was all he said. It might helped then if the error was shown directly. I like to think that. But sadly I did not see it then on my own and ignored what God was showing me through His Spirit. But as time progressed I noticed through His Spirit I misread my reference in that I thought the Hebrew characters were being used as a suffixes and prefixes. I am sorry everyone and we have edited the text accordingly. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Upvote 0