United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1. Is just a theory.
2. Is nothing more than a game of connect-the-dots.
3. Is anathema to the Bible.
4. Cannot be observed.
5. Is mistaken as a result of microevolution.
6. Was forged by a runaway, who later made a deathbed confession.
7. Is a lie of the Devil.
8. Is 1 of 7 types of cosmic evolution.
9. Is defended by some who are very aggressive against Christianity.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Is just a theory

Mega yawn.

Is defended by some who are very aggressive against Christianity.

The vast majority of Christians outside America you mean? I am sure they are all virulently anti Christian.

Logic never has been YECs' strong point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What is observed is a variation within a means, A trip to Wal Mart and back as opposed to a one way trip to the moon. There are a variety of dogs but no dogs jumping to other species never to return. They can breed dogs for special effects but when put back in the wild there is a gradual return to the original. (Mean) That is what is observed. No Poodle is on a one way trip to becomming a cockroach and it is nonsense to suppose such things. Introduce a Poodle back into nature and it breeds then the offspring will eventually return to the means. After 5 or 6 generations there will not be a Poodle anymore but there will be a dog. :idea:

You can take that to the bank.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tevans9129
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
1. Is just a theory.
4. Cannot be observed.
Here is an interesting little presentation.
I found it quite informative. Not that I needed any reason to believe, as I do, in YEC.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
1. Is just a theory.
4. Cannot be observed.
Evolution theory and Christianity aren´t at odds with each other.
If anything, I consider Creationism to be very effectively anti-Christian.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1. Is just a theory.
4. Cannot be observed.
That's sure missing a lot of things, not the least of which is a comprehensive discussion of macroevolution. This has never been about evolution, it's always been about whether or not God can be created with being the cause of anything ever. In this day and age God not only can be considered Creator but he doesn't get credit for being designer. He can guide evolution but only if he uses exclusively naturalistic means.

This isn't about biological evolution, this is about a secular philosophy that rejects God as cause of anything going all the way back to and including the Big Bang. I don't know why you would bother bringing up evolution because I've known very few who are willing to do the reading or had the patience for the step wise logic of inductive scientific reason.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
In this day and age God not only can be considered Creator but he doesn't get credit for being designer.

So in your mind's eye, God is slaving away over his drawing board, trying to decide what charge he should best put on an electron, what the mass of a proton should be, and trying to figure out how to hold these damn nuclei together.

That doesn't sound like a particularly omnipotent being to me. God would no more need to design a universe than we need to design a circle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Next time you visit your doctor, ask them how the theory has helped them practice medicine.

You don't want to go there (again).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So in your mind's eye, God is slaving away over his drawing board, trying to decide what charge he should best put on an electron, what the mass of a proton should be, and trying to figure out how to hold these damn nuclei together.

That doesn't sound like a particularly omnipotent being to me. God would no more need to design a universe than we need to design a circle.

God designed the universe, and is upholding it.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

That's what you got, mock satire? The universe is remarkably consistent, composed of elements that act uniformly and a well established system of order. We know a great deal about how biological evolution actually works, following the laws of inheritance and being the result of a host of molecular mechanisms designed with a high degree of specificity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Because their careers depend on the ignorance of health, that they promote. What possible good is the belief in evolution if one doesn't know how to care for their own health.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because their careers depend on the ignorance of health that they promote. What possible good is the belief in evolution if one doesn't know how to care for their own health.

Oh, ok. Never mind then, don't ask them.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God designed the universe, and is upholding it.

We know a good deal more then that:

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles. (Romans 1:18-23)
Man being alienated from God because of sin, man rejects God in their understanding. Notice they never ask questions about what God is like, it's because they are already aware of God's divine attributes and eternal nature. They did know God but chose to attribute to nature what is rightfully attributed to God alone.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, ok. Never mind then, don't ask them.

A change has taken place with doctors. They no longer answer such questions for legal reasons. In their office visits they only concern themselves with the immediate medical issue. All other questions are simply ignored.

Doctors have access to health knowledge that the common people don't have. They withhold this knowledge, or reveal it in bits and pieces scattered throughout their literature in an incomprehensible way, so the people remain ignorant of how to attain true health. That said I understand their frustration that the knowledge they do reveal is ignored by most.

Upvote 0