• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think I may just be unforgivable now but I’m gonna try to keep asking for forgiveness and become better even if it’s useless.

John 6:37, “He That Cometh To Me I Will In No Wise Cast Out.”

So....you willing to come to Jesus? Is that a YES or NO.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s hard man, I don’t think I’m just OCD I think I might have Bipolar disorder or something. Anyways, I really don’t have any excuse for what happened. I think I may just be unforgivable now but I’m gonna try to keep asking for forgiveness and become better even if it’s useless.

i got bipolar, i do understand how hard it is to fight sin when you are mentally ill, i have been through it. What i learned is that mentally ill people lack truth and love, yet these two things are our Lord.

So put your faith in God's love, not your own, and trust that He will make good what now is crooked. That is what i did, snowed under by my sin at the time, yet Jesus taught me to love Him not just fear Him and He taught me the truth of the lies i was believing and i have improved enormously.

So please don't panic but begin to sow the good seed of God's love into your heart. Each time you fall for sin go back to the Lord and thank Him for grace confessing to Him your sins and letting Him wash them away. This is how love grows. To go to God and eat grace. So if you sin a lot then God's grace will be enormous and you will begin to love Him instead of fear Him. Love growing inside your heart will break you free from your sin. Honest! Love for God does not want to sin, but love the Lord, not offend against Him.

So eat grace brother. The more grace you eat the better equipped to fight your sin you will be. Let go of loveless self and let the Lord replace it with a loving self, so let go of all bad life, lust , greed, selfishness, dishonesty, unfaithfulness, and fearful self, let it all go and let Jesus replace such self with a loving self.

Honestly true faith in God's love - Jesus Christ - is the best thing you can do. For the love of God growing inside of your heart will set you free from your sin and also from the power of your mental illness.

Fight the evil in your heart by loving them to death that is how you break free from those evildoers. The wicked cannot fight God's loving truth. So get the truth of the bible into you. The more you let yourself be guide by the truth the freer of those evildoers you will be.

In your own ability you will never be able to please God so place your faith in Jesus, don't look at yourself in sin but look at Jesus dying on the cross because of that. This will teach you to love Jesus. Eating grace and learning to love Jesus for loving you while you were still a sinner and setting you free from the sins you could in your own ability not overcome.

i love Jesus for setting me free from my sin, for they have been many, yet now i refrain from sin more and more because loving Jesus does not seek to do what is wrong. The best part is that lust in me is long time dead and can no longer torture me with my own sexuality. So go to Jesus - even today and ask for the love that is able to sacrifice itself for the other.

Be of good courage - Jesus is a fantastic deliverer with Him as King of your heart the wicked wont have a chance getting to you any longer.

Feasting My Good Life.

The Wicked captivated my truth
the truth of my heart and mind
and wound me around their lies
knotted me out of my own reality
into the dungeons of torture below.

Unable to unravel their cob webs
the wicked took control of my life
and brought much pain and misery
feasting on my God given good life
at the expense of my own welfare.

Yet when Christ light lit up my night
and i saw Him on the clouds of heaven
The Wicked sprung all their traps
thinking i was as good as dead
trapped in their nasty fowler's nets.

Yet the Lion of the tribe of Judea
killed the goats great and small
and set me free from their control
and gave me back my freedom in Him
feasting good times growing New Life.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do I do evil things? I sinned so much today. I did things that I said I wasn’t going to do a year ago. I relapsed hard and hurt myself but most importantly God. I have a lack of impulse control not only because of my OCD but because of how stupid I am. I said bad things about the Holy Spirit dude. Pharisee level things because I try to disguise it as OCD because I hate myself or something. I honestly don’t know why I do the things I do. I’m just so scared. I don’t hate God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit but my actions seem like I do. I wish I could be like Jesus. Just blameless and good, not a idiot kid with mental issues.

We would all like to live a life without the troubles of temptation, of doing stupid things, of sinning when we know we shouldn't.

As Christians we Are being changed, but this takes a life time and involves our active co operation.

That you are aware of sin in your life, that you regret it is a sign that God's Spirit is at work in you.

Do you have any contact with a youth leader in a church to whom you could call and talk with?

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for this, right now, I think I got out the manic episode I had and came to my senses. I’m still very afraid and truly I do need some help. Last night man, I did this thing where I think maybe as a compulsion or something or as a desperate attempt to prove to myself all of this is OCD, I like pretended or actually had intrusive thoughts idk, but it said like the worst thing you could say about the Holy Spirit and I felt like instant spiritual death. After that I fell into lust and I felt so bad. I felt like there was no going back honestly. It’s so difficult explaining why I do the things I do. I really have no self control and I dig myself into deeper and deeper holes everyday. It’s hard man, I don’t think I’m just OCD I think I might have Bipolar disorder or something. Anyways, I really don’t have any excuse for what happened. I think I may just be unforgivable now but I’m gonna try to keep asking for forgiveness and become better even if it’s useless.
Never give up on God.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟141,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
PsalmsandProverbs, I can't read your original posts, but I gather that you're really struggling with OCD. I'm so sorry! I know how awful it can feel to feel like you've done something horrible. Are you still having a hard time?

Upvote 0