✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rechtgläubig said:
Here is a new web page a friend of mine helped put up.

http://www.luthersgeist.org/index.shtml

If you have time, drop by and give them some feedback. He is currently attending Concordia University of Wisconsin and hopes to one day be a pastor.
Looks interesting. I will have to take time later to go through the rest of the site.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Rechtgläubig said:

If you have time, drop by and give them some feedback. He is currently attending Concordia University of Wisconsin and hopes to one day be a pastor.
Nice site. Fine school. ;)

Upvote 0

Rechtgläubig

der Anti-Schwärmer
Oct 3, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟17,092.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Flipper said:
Nice site. Fine school. ;)
He likes it and has lots of good things to say about it. I think the only complaint I have heard from him was that he argues with his professors too much. I am pretty sure he said not all of them are Lutheran.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rechtgläubig said:

Good Day, Rech

I like it, and I not a Lutheran "yet" :p . Hi Rose:wave:

Bill

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Rechtgläubig said:
He likes it and has lots of good things to say about it. I think the only complaint I have heard from him was that he argues with his professors too much. I am pretty sure he said not all of them are Lutheran.
While Concordia requires their theology profs to be LCMS Lutheran, other profs are just required to be a Christian. Doesn't bother me, but I can see that bothering some Lutherans.

That being said, I can think of one prof in particular who was as Lutheran as can be, but some of you stanchies here would disagree. :p She was the first female in the LCMS to be allowed to get her Ph.D. in Biblical Studies. She was about 30, liked her beer dark, could bellydance, and smoked cigars. She was a Deaconness. One day, she showed us her tatoos. However, she was probably one of the best instructors I ever had. She taught a class called "Life of Christ." Most of it was about messianic philosophy in the OT. I learned more in that class than in all the years in Sunday School.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Flipper said:
That being said, I can think of one prof in particular who was as Lutheran as can be, but some of you stanchies here would disagree. :p She was the first female in the LCMS to be allowed to get her Ph.D. in Biblical Studies. She was about 30, liked her beer dark, could bellydance, and smoked cigars. She was a Deaconness. One day, she showed us her tatoos. However, she was probably one of the best instructors I ever had. She taught a class called "Life of Christ." Most of it was about messianic philosophy in the OT. I learned more in that class than in all the years in Sunday School.
Oh man, I have a new role model...except I never quite developed a taste for cigars. :( I can smoke cigarettes, drink dark beer and I have taken bellydancing classes...I have fake tatoos. Hmmm...seems to me all that's missing is that PhD. As soon as I win that lottery......;)

I better get to studying...

Have a GREAT day in Him, y'all.

Rose

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.