United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
19, Male.

Am I the only that struggles with this? Is there other christian teens that struggle or used to struggle with lust? If so how did you overcome it? Any personal testimony will be welcome.
You will only fully overcome it a few minutes after you are dead. Until then you work on it, paying attention to custody of your eyes and custody of your thoughts. You repent and you seek to avoid the near occasion s of sin. And you seek out the positives in life that lust is only a bad copy of. I'm no longer a teen, but I remember those days well. The struggles are the same, but with grace abounding there is some relief.

Upvote 0

Br4nd0n

Mar 24, 2017
Canada
✟71,497.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God giftwrapped scripture for me to focus on. Write it on your hand if you get any.

If adult content actually enters your mind, try and remember what is actually behind it, what it signifies. Rotten, putrid, spiritual death.

If you need to physically put yourself in a social situation to stop yourself, then do it.

If you want to stop. You definitely can. God bless you with repentance brother !

Upvote 0

BioHazardFan03

Oct 2, 2022
João Pessoa
✟9,563.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's an elephant in the room that not many people know about.

Well I'm single, never had a girlfriend, sometimes I feel alone.

There's a "genre" of inappropriate content that preys on young lonely people.

"Romantic inappropriate content"

For those unaware "romantic inappropriate content" is a type of inappropriate content that portrays sex as something more "romantic" in nature. The plot of those types of inappropriate content are basically just generic love stories. Like boyfriend and girlfriend, husband and wife and those when somebody confesses his/her love to either the best friend or crush and do it.

The reason why those types of inappropriate content are just as dangerous as the heavy ones is because it creates a false "gray area" and makes people more prone to look at it and become addicted and sin. Gives the idea that sin is something sweet and gentle.

This is the type of inappropriate content I have the most trouble getting over it.

Upvote 0

Z. Robert

Dec 21, 2021
Chicago
✟17,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you are tempted, pray, think of how utterly useless the act of lusting is. What do you gain from it? A few moments of pleasure? Compare that to the eternal glory of heaven!

Do nothing that you would not do if God were bodily present. Say nothing you would not like Him to hear. Go no place where you would have the least doubt He would go. Follow this simple principles, and you’ll do very well.

Matthew 6:22-24 (KJV) 22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! 24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

James 1:2-4 (KJV) 2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
19, Male.

Am I the only that struggles with this? Is there other christian teens that struggle or used to struggle with lust? If so how did you overcome it? Any personal testimony will be welcome.
Lust is not limited to teenagers; it is the primary weapon of Satan against the soul. Believe it or not, most people lust after one thing or the other and it takes grace to overcome it. I am not saying it is normal because it is not. You can never achieve your potential with God without dealing with lust.

Chevyontheriver has provided wonderful insight on how to deal with it in post #2. Please read and take it to heart.

Upvote 0

Vee...

Oct 29, 2022
Abuja
✟8,313.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
19, Male.

Hello, if you struggle with lust just know that you're not alone, there are a couple of other people out there that struggle the same way you do...the best way to overcome it?
Well there's no best way because it's something that requires a lot of conscious effort, start by having an honest conversation with God regarding it, tell him everything, how you're able to be enticed and all, he'll definitely be your strength, because his strength are made perfect in our weaknesses, then you should try to avoid your temptation, notice that environment where you'd be and feel lustful just avoid it, If it being alone then just try to be around people who will encourage you, just identify your weaknesses basically...
Next you should always help yourself with some Bible study, cause we overcome by God's word, keep reading them and keep reciting it...I recommend youbible version app for this they also have lots of plans you could take to help you with this.
Find an accountability partner, the truth Is you can't really do this alone because sin thrives in isolation
Find someone who you trust that you can openly tell these things about who will help you through, even when you lose your streaks on the journey you're about to Start you should tell them..
Lastly avoid social media and movies, there are temptations everywhere I'd say you should just generally avoid it and keep praying.
Don't forget you'll fall sometimes so don't beat yourself up remember that God has given you the power to do what pleases him so just always believe that and keep pushing...you can do it.

Reactions: Nettle
Upvote 0