✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lukewarmness We Sometimes Have

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I wish thou were hot or cold.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spit thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou say, "I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing"; and know not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy from Me gold refined by fire, that thou may be rich; and white raiment (garments), that thou may be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear [before God]; and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou may see.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup (dine) with him, and he with Me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcome will I grant to sit with Me on My throne, even as I also overcame, and sat down with My Father on His throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches.

History of the Church
Looking at the time of Laodicea, they were successful as a bank, selling soft wool, and medical care where they sold eye salve. However, they had a big water problem. As efficient as they were at the time, they built water pipes to bring water in, but the cool or hot water turned lukewarm when it got to them.

God describes Himself in 3 ways in Revelation 3:14

• The Amen
  • The Faithful and True Witness
  • Beginning of the Creation of God

God tells the church that because they are lukewarm that he will spit (however, Greek says vomit) them out of His mouth. In other words, they make Him sick to His stomach. That is something I don’t want to do to Jesus.

Further more, He tells them because they say that they are rich, successful and in need of nothing that they don’t even know they are wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked. Jesus explains to them that they are quite the opposite! This reminds me of a verse:

• Matthew 16:26
  • Mark 8:36
The Laodicean’s had gained the world, but lost sight of God and went along their own success. They didn’t feel like they needed God to provide for them, which is quite foolish since God created everything we see: Romans 1:19-21 and we are always dependant upon Him.

God then says to buy gold from Him, white garments and salve so they may see. The irony He points out to them that they are also in need of the same things spiritually and they don’t even see it! They’re wealth became an idol and their spirituality, worthless due to their luke-warmness. However, He does discipline those He loves.

Revelation 3:20 He then gives out the invitation to dine with Him! It’s like He’s forgiving those who are lukewarm to have a renewed relationship with Him, and an invitation to those who are unbelievers. Those who hear, let him hear.

God even makes His own comparison of the things we see in this world vs that which is invisible to us using the Bible; Revelation 3:21 and then shortly after getting into Revelation 4 talks about the Scene in Heaven where John looks at God’s throne! I repeat again what Jesus said: Matthew 16:26

Lord, thank you for all the wisdom You have shown me in the years of knowledge I have spent reading Your Word. All you want from us is to have a healthy relationship with You. Forgive me that my love for You falls so short in comparison to Your love for us.

Lord, I know there are times where my mind feels thick like a fog, unable to think or concentrate on anything. During those days, I have played games thus instead of reading about You and what You have said. You put it in my mind to read, but I say yes, I will… but then the day ends before I know it and I still haven’t done what You’ve told me to do. I did that yesterday and have repented before going to sleep and prayed to You to keep me strong where I am weak. I’m sorry it takes me so long to do what you say, please help me not become distracted by the things around me.

Thank you for all that you have done in my life and for taking on the cross for us in our place. You made it possible for us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven where it is impossible for mankind alone. There is no way I could thank you enough for that….

Last edited:

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,435.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

I was brought up in an originally Catholic family, my parents then brought me up Baptist, and then I became a Pentecostal at age 17...

Catholics - Were known for great masses
Baptist - Were known for great conferences
Pentecostals - Were known for great revivals

The Baptist church I belonged to broke away from their denomination and became independent. The Pentecostal church that I currently belong to no longer has great revivals. I visited a Catholic church and they did not even serve wine with the communion, it was wafers only. The Baptist and Pentecostal churches have not done well without the help of the revival and conference meetings.

I think the annoying lukewarmness is attacking all the churches and we must be very wary of what is going on!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think the annoying lukewarmness is attacking all the churches and we must be very wary of what is going on!
Tell me about it (sarc)! But then, what are we supposed to think when we are sown in discord?

Thank God for the shepherds, how in fact did they recover from those who ravaged the temple?

“I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock,” (Acts 20:29)​

Oh, so they did recover eh? But lukewarmness that created divide is still evident, the good shepherd today is still straightened in the divide, still willing to baptize in discord, still unashamedly lukewarm to resist being grieved over the many scattered abroad.

Is it no wonder the simple can detect what the wise skip over? With all such fruit before us, I think it is true what they say among the oldest who claim apostolic succession, thereby apostolic tradition in mannerism, piety and worship; but it isn’t their example that the torch was granted to contemporary recipients would welcome, but rather the welcoming in of the spirit of discord which the Lord hates.

The supreme beauty of the flowery “statements of belief” still doesn’t obscure the truth of the matter, discord is evil, and rebellion to that reality “is as” the sin of witchcraft.

Ah, so no one is perfect eh, we need to be more supportive and not such an accuser of the brethren eh, that correction belongs to those who have labored eh?

Those who continue in that logic, continue to gloss over their own understanding of what the simple sees every day, lack of vigilance and discord cannot fellowship with the righteousness that is of Christ.

“Is Christ divided?”
1 Corinthians 1:13​

The torch granted has mesmerized as mentioned above, the first and hopefully soon to pass, Church of the Devastated.

Upvote 0