South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean really people!!! We are so silly today because we say things like "oh, I love that movie", or "I love pizza", even "I Love you"....

We don't know what love really is anymore and I think that is why we have problems in society.... We seem to enjoy Hollywood and there perversion of what love is and yet God already told us what Love really is....

Lord help us

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The meaning of the word may disappear but the feeling does not, that is what's important.
In agape love you can lose the feeling but still have love because it is through God. It is not the earthly kind of love but a love that surpasses understanding. It comes through Him.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,238,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I mean really people!!! We are so silly today because we say things like "oh, I love that movie", or "I love pizza", even "I Love you"....

We don't know what love really is anymore and I think that is why we have problems in society.... We seem to enjoy Hollywood and there perversion of what love is and yet God already told us what Love really is....
Who's "we"?

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Lord help us
You gotta give pathway waves a chance and become one with it to find new beauties of love in life to awaken in yourself is what I think.

Upvote 0

Christian_Follower

http://seekingbiblicaltruth.weebly.com
Mar 13, 2018
South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We (especially in the west) have general meaning for words that some have multiple...

Storge Love
Storge is a Greek word (στοργή) for family love and frequently used for natural affection.

Eros Love
This is the erotic love between men and women which is a sensual love. It is acceptable within the confines of marriage.

Philia Love
This is the love that Christians are commanded to have for one another (Rom 12; 1 Cor 13). Jesus told the disciples and He tells us today, "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Agape Love
This type of love is supernatural as Jesus displayed on the cross saying "forgive them for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34). This love is not as much a noun (a thing) or what is felt but it is displayed by what someone does. Love is a verb. it is an action. it is what you do like Jesus dying for us while we were still sinners as summed up in Romans 5:7-8 "For one will scarcely die for a righteous person-though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

• Informative
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0