Love the Lord, or go to hell

Would you still love God if there was no hell?

• Yes

Votes: 56 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Of course, most people would love him even more if there was no hell, but, I love him the same, regardless, the real question should be, because there is a heaven and a hell, do you still love God, even if, no, when, you see him send people to and throw them into hell...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Of course, most people would love him even more if there was no hell, but, I love him the same, regardless, the real question should be, because there is a heaven and a hell, do you still love God, even if, no, when, you see him send people to and throw them into hell...?

God Bless!
Ooo, no I couldn't.

But is that before or after I'm in heaven. Because how can he not know while you were on earth you wouldn't love him in heaven while others were in hell.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There's only 2 places in the end.

Is that actually true?

"I also maintain that those who are punished in Gehenna are scourged by the scourge of love. For what is so bitter and vehement as the punishment of love? I mean that those who have become conscious that they have sinned against love suffer greater torment from this than from any fear of punishment. For the sorrow caused in the heart by sin against love is sharper than any torment that can be. It would be improper for a man to think that sinners in Gehenna are deprived of the love of God. Love is the offspring of knowledge of the truth which, as is commonly confessed, is given to all. The power of love works in two ways: it torments those who have played the fool, even as happens here when a friend suffers from a friend; but it becomes a source of joy for those who have observed its duties. Thus I say that this is the torment of Gehenna: bitter regret. But love inebriates the souls of the sons of Heaven by its delectability." - St. Isaac of Nineveh

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Chriliman
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hmm, I'd say it's the over all premises. I mean if you don't love God where else do you go? There's only 2 places in the end.
Then it sounds as though you answered your own question....

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Without context it is hard to give an answer to the OP question. You can't love God by making a choice. But you can make choices that will lead you to salvation. However, loving God, as the term is usually used, is not required for salvation.

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Without context it is hard to give an answer to the OP question. You can't love God by making a choice. But you can make choices that will lead you to salvation. However, loving God, as the term is usually used, is not required for salvation.
You're not saying loving God is not a free choice, are you?

That does not sound like a two way relationship.

• Haha
Reactions: Uber Genius
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're not saying loving God is not a free choice, are you?

That does not sound like a two way relationship.
You can do loving acts out of a heart of love or out of a heart of stone. How do you choose to have a loving heart?

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Is that actually true?

"I also maintain that those who are punished in Gehenna are scourged by the scourge of love. For what is so bitter and vehement as the punishment of love? I mean that those who have become conscious that they have sinned against love suffer greater torment from this than from any fear of punishment. For the sorrow caused in the heart by sin against love is sharper than any torment that can be. It would be improper for a man to think that sinners in Gehenna are deprived of the love of God. Love is the offspring of knowledge of the truth which, as is commonly confessed, is given to all. The power of love works in two ways: it torments those who have played the fool, even as happens here when a friend suffers from a friend; but it becomes a source of joy for those who have observed its duties. Thus I say that this is the torment of Gehenna: bitter regret. But love inebriates the souls of the sons of Heaven by its delectability." - St. Isaac of Nineveh

-CryptoLutheran
I think it's true, heaven and hell, oh and the new earth (Yeah I forgot that one)

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
You can do loving acts out of a heart of love or out of a heart of stone. How do you choose to have a loving heart?
It's not like I'm trying to try to know I have a loving heart, eeeh the thought of thinking of thinking of having a loving heart is embarrassing.

No, I just open my heart to people (That's it, end of the story)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Make you think, and help you help me find answers to more difficult apologetic questions.

..........except that as a Christian I have no problems with apologetic questions. Answers are written out in the Bible. One has to be Spiritually birthed to pass the answers along.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.