The Sunshine State
✟22,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Big question going through my mind as well. Just what was each character doing in Australia? :confused: Vacation, running from the law or fate?

This I know.
Michael - went to get Walt because his mother died.
Kate - captured there by the Marshals.
Claire - lived there.
Jack - to get his fathers body.

This I don't know
Locke - ?
Hurley - ?
Jin and Sun - ?
Mr. Eko - ?
Charlie - ?
Boon and Shannon - ?
Sayid - ?
Sawyer - ?
Ana Lucia - ?

I know I missed some but can anyone clue me in or don't we really know.

Upvote 0

MagnusJ

Jan 6, 2006
✟195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Locke: Was doing an adventure journey, but he got thrown out due to him being in a wheelchair (he hadn't told em when he booked the trip)

Hurley: Was there visiting a guy (well the widow of the guy) that also had used the numbers to win a gamble

Sayid: Was forced to do a undercover mission for the brittish secret service (stop a terrorist attack) to get to know where Nadia was

Sawyer: Was there to kill the man that made his father kill his mother & commit suicide

Jin and Sun: Was going to LA to run away from her father (Jin was going to drop of a watch to some buisness parter there)

Boon and Shannon: Shannon fooled him there by saying her boyfriend was beating her up, they were gonna swindle him for money.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
karenmarie said:
SUzy..sorry..looking closely i do see Psalm 144 at the top..but 23rd Psalm is also clearly written, which brings me to my next question. WHEN did Echo carve the 23rd Psalm into his stick...before or after him and Charlie recited the 23rd Psalm? Was this a screen shot of the stick before or after that time? My guess is he had it carved in there before it happened, in which case we should look for future stuff relating to the other scriptures!! who else has thought abouut this?

Let me get my usual "atheist blah blah" whine out of the way, but we are discussing the show here, not Scripture per se. "Thy rod and thy staff comfort me." "Thou causeth me to lie down in green pastures" - quite a bit different from the savanah and scrub of Nigeria. Of all well known verses, the 23rd Psalm is almost cliche in providing solace for people who are facing tough times like, say, crashing on a Pacific Island and having strange people trying to kill you while you try and survive with little more than scrap metal and toilet paper.

Considering how Eko's backstory played out (excellently btw) and the context of his stick and what surviving 52 days on "The Island" would require, I"m not surprised that the 23rd Psalm served as a story/motif arch.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
USincognito said:
Let me get my usual "atheist blah blah" whine out of the way, but we are discussing the show here, not Scripture per se.

I'm sure you may have already seen this site, but let me provide the link in case you haven't http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/forumdisplay.php?f=50

This site is by the creative team behind LOST (hosted by JJ Abrams). If you take some time to read through the posts in the Ask the VIP section, some of which the creative team themselves actually respond, you will see that the scriptures are intentional, and like everything else on the show there is a purpose each scripture was selected. As discussed numerous times, there are several religious references throughout the show. Like Echo's telling of the story of Josiah, it was intentional and had a purpose and meaning to the shows content. Just like catching the hidden numbers throughout the show (i.e. 815 appearing in each episode), the creative team knows that crazy obsessive fans (including me!) are watching each and every single detail. So when they are making choices on music, pictures, scriptures, they are cross referencing each and every single aspect so as to keep their loyal fans intrigued.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My daughter turned off the tv at 8pm, I turned it on at 9pm and it didn't work.
The cable came off and broke.
My daughters couldn't have done it.

I just was not suppose to watch it.
I replaced the cable, and was able to watch the last 10minutes.

Is anyone else getting tired of people hiding everything?
(Walt's dad was afraid to tell that he was talking via computer to Walt. Couldn't think of his name.)Hey, it's been a month and a half since I watched lost.

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
SecretAdmirer said:
I wonder why they named the show LOST? hmmm?

I've often wondered if there was some significance to the name besides the fact they are indeed lost. They could have named it other things, but the word "lost" can certainly imply spiritual things as well as the physical place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
:blush: thank you. I'm looking forward to tonight's show. I'm curious to see more of Echo and how the new additions to the group play into the mix. I am glad more seems to be happening. I'm also curious to see how much of a role Ana Lucia will have since her "real life" arrest has been made public. I'm sad that so many people seem to be so self-destructive :sigh:.

Upvote 0

SweetBella

Legend
Aug 20, 2005
✟43,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
valentine said:
:blush: thank you. I'm looking forward to tonight's show. I'm curious to see more of Echo and how the new additions to the group play into the mix. I am glad more seems to be happening. I'm also curious to see how much of a role Ana Lucia will have since her "real life" arrest has been made public. I'm sad that so many people seem to be so self-destructive :sigh:.

oh..me too!! great show... and its fun to be able to come here and chat with others about it!! ;)

Reactions: Valentine
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
valentine said:
My wife tells me that the producers are now providing transportation for the cast members to avoid any more problems. Funny and not so funny at the same time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
valentine said:
I've often wondered if there was some significance to the name besides the fact they are indeed lost. They could have named it other things, but the word "lost" can certainly imply spiritual things as well as the physical place.
I think there is definately a double meaning there. As we get to know the character, they seem to be/have been "lost' in their lives somehow. It make sense also in that just about everything has a double meaning. Like the names John Locke and Charlie Parker.

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
I can't help but wonder if LOST is supposed to be an acronym.

It could also be a double entendre. People are lost on an island... at the same time, they arrived at a point in their lives where they were spiritually or metaphysically lost?

Anything is possible.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wonder when they are going to address the fact that the flight-attendant tailie is still missing. Right before A-L shot Shannon, they started talking about how she was right there a minute ago and then she was gone, where is she, etc. - and they haven't even mentioned it the last three shows!

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
snoochface said:
I wonder when they are going to address the fact that the flight-attendant tailie is still missing. Right before A-L shot Shannon, they started talking about how she was right there a minute ago and then she was gone, where is she, etc. - and they haven't even mentioned it the last three shows!

From what I remember, they had a memorial service for her right after they got back. Kate didn't go because she wanted to stay with Sawyer, and we saw her whole horse and stepdad backstory.

So, unless they are going to make it an issue later, I would think that they have moved on from it and it will be one of the things that just doesn't get explained. :sigh: I love this show, mostly every time they answer one question, they raise two more. I love to be kept on the edge of my seat for a whole week. I can't wait until tonight.

I am so upset though, we are moving into new base housing in two weeks, right in the at the beginning of Feb sweeps, and our stupid cable company (if you have the chance to get Adelphia, DON'T!!! Having them as a cable company has been an absolute nightmare.) won't be in there to set up the cable until after we move in. Grrrrrrr. So not only do I miss it, I can't even TiVo it :cry:

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The memorial service was for Shannon, not the tailie flight attendant. As far as I know, they have not addressed what happened to her after she disappeared. It's a loose end that I'm sure they'll tie up eventually, but the fact that they are letting it go for so long makes me think there is something significant about it.

Sounds like you need to get a REALLY good pair of rabbit ears for your TV, and a cheap VCR for the next few weeks! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.