Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think there's any real significance to Libby being at the mental institution with Hurley. He was sick, she was sick. The only difference is that Hurley was just some guy who worked at Mr. Cluck's, and Libby was a psychiatrist who had gone crazy. When they both got better, Hurley went back to work, won the lottery, etc. And Libby went back to practicing psychiatry, yada yada yada.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Henry knows *exactly* what happens when the button isn't pushed, and he's using that knowledge to mess with Locke's faith. Henry may be dangerous, and I think he is - but I want to know who the HE is that the Others keep talking about. Last night, Henry said Zeke was "nothing compared to HIM". Who is he??

The whole second half of the episode, I was like... it can't really all be just in his head, right? That would be like a bad episode of Dallas or something. It can't be, can it?? And while it's possible, I don't see it being the explanation for everything. It would just be too lame.

We were right about Libby. Cool beans! Although that lends credence to the possibility that it's all in Hurley's head. :D

Why is Eko being so secretive about what he's building?

I felt so bad for Hurley. Feeling responsible for the deaths from the balcony collapse, making up this imaginary friend, struggling with his food addiction. I actually had a big grin on my face watching him give Sawyer a punch for every name he ever called him. When Jin started giggling like a kid watching a circus show, I laughed out loud.

Can someone use a spoiler tag and let me know what next week's episode is, and whose backstory? I think I know but I want to be sure. All the Flash on ABC's site kills my browser so I hate going there.

Reactions: Babymine
Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
It was mentioned earlier by Gracefaith that Eko may be building a church.

Did anyone notice when Eko dipped his hands in some water and crossed himself (not sure if that's the correct term) before he asked Charlie to help him with a piece of wood?

Upvote 0

sf49erfan

Veteran
Sep 30, 2005
Maryland (DC suburbs)
✟3,088.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I still think a lot of this stuff has to do with the "healing powers" of the island.

I'm guessing that Libby really was a psychiatrist and then lost it, and now that she is on the island, everything is better again. After all, she did help Claire with her memory.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Redguard said:
It was mentioned earlier by Gracefaith that Eko may be building a church.

Did anyone notice when Eko dipped his hands in some water and crossed himself (not sure if that's the correct term) before he asked Charlie to help him with a piece of wood?
Yeah, I noticed that too. I think he blessed it and made it into holy water (a totally Catholic thing) which makes sense if it is a church that he's building. I just don't get why he won't SAY he's building a church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
sf49erfan said:
I still think a lot of this stuff has to do with the "healing powers" of the island.

I'm guessing that Libby really was a psychiatrist and then lost it, and now that she is on the island, everything is better again. After all, she did help Claire with her memory.
I don't think she is. She knows the talk and jargon from being a patient.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
MtDoraAngel said:
Next epi
jack running in the rain to "make a deal" with the others. He in going to cross the perimeter. He want to trade Henry for Walt....Is it all coming back to you now?
But does that mean...

...that it's another Jack backstory? I had heard that Rose was getting the last new backstory of April, I just don't know if that's next week or not.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah Baby! I forgot to check AI again this week because it was such a good episode! Probably a good thing too, since I would have been bumbed for the second half ot LOST.

Interesting, Hurley seems to have schizophrenia. I started thinking tat when he hid the slipper from Libby. I was reminded of the movie A Beautiful Mind. And now we have a death that can be attributed to Hurley, in his mind at least.

So I think that Libby has been stalking Hurley. For her to be on the plane by coincident doesn't work, at least not on this show. The question is why? I think the possibilities run the full gamunt from her seeing him win the lottery and wanting his money, to her really being in love with him, to picking him as a partner in a co-dependent relationship. I wonder if we'll get anything else about her this season?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
MtDoraAngel said:
I thought next week was a repeat????
No, they showed Henry in the previews for next week - he said, "They're never going to give you Walt" and then they showed him with a truly EVIL look on his face right at the end of the preview! (Edit: In fact, I think Jack's plan is to trade Henry for Walt!)

AirPo, I love your thoughts on Libby and I think you could be dead-on.

Upvote 0

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Absolutely Eko is building a church. That's why he made Charlie help him and not anybody else. Eko and Charlie are both Catholic.

He's not telling Charlie because he thinks Charlie will bail when he finds out it's a church, since Charlie's kind of ambivalent about his faith right now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.