Judy02

Jan 9, 2006
England.
✟28,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm trying to remember, does Jack know that he has a sister? Or do we only know that through the various flashbacks where Christian appears?

Yeah he does know I'm sure of it. It was sometime fairly early on in the series when he found out, although I forget how, but I'm positive he knows she's his sister. I remember as well when him and Kate were together after they left the island, and they were looking after Aaron. They had an argument one time, and Jack said 'you're not even related to him,' his way of having a dig at her...he definetely knows Claire's his sister.

I'm glad they brought Claire back...I've been dying to know what happened to her for ages.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think actually it was just last season that he found out. After the O6 got off the island, Jack held a memorial service for his father. Claire's mother was there, and mentioned that Claire was on Jack's plane, and through that discussion he found out that she was his sister.

Upvote 0

Judy02

Jan 9, 2006
England.
✟28,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I remember that...I thought it was then at first, but then for some reason I thought I remembered a scene quite early on, where one of the Others told Jack that Claire was his sister, given that they knew everything about everyone. I could be wrong though, it's hard to remember everything hehe.

Upvote 0

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do have a thought about Sayid.

Sayid has apparently been 'claimed' (possessed?) by the smoke monster or one of its agents.

The list in the Ankh was emphatic that certain of the lostaways needed to be alive - which Sayid is, thanks to being 'claimed' - but nothing was mentioned of allegiance.

My suspicion here is that being 'claimed' works two ways: yes, it gives somebody (Smoke Monster?) a human agent - but it also gives the people that agent interacts with an insight of sorts into the one doing the Claiming. That is a channel which somebody who is clever or lucky might be able to take advantage of.

Upvote 0

bill'swife

let peace rule...
Jan 23, 2005
facebook
Visit site
✟127,389.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I do have a thought about Sayid.

Sayid has apparently been 'claimed' (possessed?) by the smoke monster or one of its agents.

The list in the Ankh was emphatic that certain of the lostaways needed to be alive - which Sayid is, thanks to being 'claimed' - but nothing was mentioned of allegiance.

My suspicion here is that being 'claimed' works two ways: yes, it gives somebody (Smoke Monster?) a human agent - but it also gives the people that agent interacts with an insight of sorts into the one doing the Claiming. That is a channel which somebody who is clever or lucky might be able to take advantage of.

nevermind....it was just a theory I concocted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums