✟9,177.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, happy to be here.

I've grown up in a Christian family but over the years, particularly in my adult life, I've backslidden a lot. There have been times I've come back to God and begged for his help and in recent years I talk to God often, but I've been so disobedient. I know I've grieved God, even though I've known in my heart the things I've done are pointless sin. Right now I'm hoping and praying that it isn't too late for me.

I'm here because I've been praying and longing to feel close to God again, begging his forgiveness, and hope to be able to talk with you all here too.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Marzo. With God, it is never too late. Yet we know that a lot of people, not just you, do feel that they have missed their chances.

Whatever else has been one's experience, this is true--

It is never too late to commit to Christ as one's Lord and Savior and be redeemed.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, happy to be here.

I've grown up in a Christian family but over the years, particularly in my adult life, I've backslidden a lot. There have been times I've come back to God and begged for his help and in recent years I talk to God often, but I've been so disobedient. I know I've grieved God, even though I've known in my heart the things I've done are pointless sin. Right now I'm hoping and praying that it isn't too late for me.

I'm here because I've been praying and longing to feel close to God again, begging his forgiveness, and hope to be able to talk with you all here too.
Hi; good to see you; do pursue daily Scripture reading; John's Gospel is wonderful.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, happy to be here.

Welcome Marzo! The Holy Spirit is convicting you. You are blessed that your heart has always been open to Jesus Christ of Nazareth. He knows you love Him and He is there for you. Now continue to Walk in His Holy Spirit , your sins were forgiven on the cross.
Blessings!

Upvote 0

marzo

Mar 24, 2020
Midlands
✟9,177.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello and thank you all so much for your words of encouragement, they truly mean a lot to me. I'm finding it hard to believe He will accept me but I'm continuing to pray and trying to put all of my trust in Him. I'm very glad to be here with believers, thank you again for the welcomes!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've grown up in a Christian family but over the years, particularly in my adult life, I've backslidden a lot.

Marzo, do you consider yourself "saved by grace through faith" or consider yourself because you were raised in a Christian home? True intimacy with God comes through Christ and by spending time in scripture.

Upvote 0

John42

Feb 15, 2020
Toronto
✟20,121.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, happy to be here.

Welcome!

Upvote 0

pink318

Mar 23, 2018
Riverside
✟13,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marzo,

Welcome to the group!

The God we serve is merciful and a forgiving God. He is God of many chances.

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

Once you repent, believe that God has forgiven you. Continue to seek Him in prayers and through His Word. He loves you and He wants to communicate with you just like a parent to his kids. Thank you for sharing. Keep us posted. God bless.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello marzo,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 273686

a411c7154b35458388c9b693595fafca.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grace4ever

Apr 29, 2018
Florida
✟12,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello Marzo, Welcome to CF

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns with us. It seems that you have been going through a lot lately. It is never too late to amend our ways and come back to God’s path. God is a God of second chances. God wants the salvation of all his creatures. I’m glad to know that you wish to follow Him. About your situation in life, let me tell you my sister in Christ that you’re not alone in this battle. The most important thing is you realize that you are not following God as you should. I encourage you to open your Bible and read the Parable of the Prodigal Son. Luke 15, 11-32. If you do not have Bible you can search in Google and read it from there. You will discover through reading of this parable the face of Our Heavenly Father that no one can gain in goodness and mercy. At the same time, you will discover that many times we behave like the Prodigal Son, wasting all the graces that God give us, but he enters into himself and realize that his heart was far away from God and decided to come back to God again. In following Jesus, there will always be times when we will have to endure spiritual battles and that we may fall at times. However, if we fall, we can get up again. God forgives and forgets our sins if we really repent for our sins (Psalm 51,17), but I encourage you to find ways, first with prayer and with thinking of how to overcome what causes you to offend God. Sometimes, it takes time with effort to overcome our faults but we are not alone He goes with us with his grace and favor. Again, you’re not alone in this, we’re all sinners. Suffering is neither good or bad, but if you can accept that in times with prayer it can be redemptive. Hope this will help you. I will keep you in my prayers, my brother/sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Sponge42

Feb 29, 2020
Central
✟15,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, happy to be here.

I have been in your place many of times. One of the great things God is...he is a forgiver and loving father. He forgives us when we fail or fall short of his glory. Don't give up, just keep coming closer to him through prayer, scripture and being around Godly friends and family. Each week, month, and year will get better and easier. Please read Matthew 6:12, it may help you. You are loved beyond your mistakes and I can hear your heart to love and serve God. I pray for your close relationship with God, your ability to forgive yourself, and the everlasting love you deserve forever.

Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Hello, happy to be here.

How do you think your going to get right with God?

Upvote 0