Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW! I thought it was a great episode. I jumped out of my seat several times! There was so much talk about Science vs. Faith. I think next season we will see the island split.

Poor Artz. Although I loved his dialogue with Hurley. How funny was that when he said "and how come you haven't lost a pound".

Did anyone hear the clicking sound when lock was being dragged by the "monster"? Sounded like when you're going up the hill of a rollercoaster. I tried to get a picture of it. Notice the chain around his leg?

snapshot241.bmp

Claire names the baby Aaron, which is Hebrew, meaning Messenger. In the Bible Aaron was Moses bible, and he helped deliver the plagues. Interesting I'd say. But what's up with Charlie. I knew he'd eventually find those drugs. I hope he just brought back an empty statue.

So, what's up with Locke on his own crazy power trip. After he intentionally seeks out the "monster". He ignores Hurley's warning about the "bad numbers" and blows up the hatch anyway.

snapshot285.bmp

And we discover that there are in fact "others" and they have a power boat. And Danielle was right about the voices saying they were after the boy, just the boy they were after was Walt! We knew he was special, we just didn't know the island knew it.

snapshot314.bmp

And then to discover in the end, that the magazine the Walt had been reading on the island, that seemed to be dictating what was happening on the island was in fact Hurley's. And that Hurley and Walt seemed to connect when Hurley boarded the plane.

snapshot318.bmp

And my final picture, has to be the little tease of what is down that rotten hatch, that ladder has to lead somewhere. Guess we have to wait till next season.

snapshot320.bmp

Reactions: Redguard
Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
holy cow that was awesome :clap: i won't say much but i jumped out of my seat too several times and my son and i just kept gasping with surprise. i thought it was hilarious when hurley said, "dude, that was messed up" the way he is so calm and non animated about anything is wild.

the clicking noise, that was wierd. like a crane lifting something up but yet they never talk about "what" it is even thought they all had to hvae seen it with locke being dragged like that.

what a twist with walt!!!! i did not see that coming at all.

man does it bite we have to wait all summer for the next season. (i'm assuming so since pretty much all new seasons start in the fall-anyoine know when it starts back up again?)

well this chic is defintely buying season 1 on dvd :)

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
^^I had figured out that it was going to be Walt that was snatched when Claire's baby was returned and the "Others" weren't at the source of the smoke. I think the "others" are perhaps descendants of the ship's pirates who've settled nearby (perhaps even on another island). I think the so-called monster is simply some sort of man-made booby trap. Does anyone else think the hatch is a portal to another portion of the island? All in all, I still was a little disappointed in this episode. I think it simply did not deliver the bang for which I was hoping. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
Things that made this episode great:

1. Those people on the power boat - man.... they were uuuuugly!

2. That black spirit-like smoke that zoomed away after Locke was freed from the crane.

3. Charlie staring at the heroin like it was calling out his name.

4. Charlie getting his head-wound sealed up with gunpowder and fire. Props to Sayid for being a real soldier.

5. Sawyer making that great dive after the rudder got torn off.

6. Arzt getting blown up... it was sad, yet funny.

I've been babbling all morning here at the office about this episode. September/October can't come soon enough. And I'm taping Good Morning America so I can see the "secret missing footage" when I get home.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
suzybeezy said:
I'l see your WOW! and raise you two WOW! WOW!

So the Others are pirates? That makes sense. It explains where Ethan came from without looking like he'd been on the island for 16 years. It also fits in with them wanting the children, but not the adults. Did anyone read The Island by Peter Benchly? Similar story line, but in the Carribean.

Was that a women who dropped the fire bomb onto the raft? Could that be Alex?

Hurley seems to be close to the edge. Did anyone notice he's starting to mumble the numbers? I thought his best line was "Dude, you've got some Artz on you."

I think Charlie just took the statue.

When the DVD comes out I'm going to have to do a LOST marathon :D

Upvote 0
O

orange crush

I thought last night was by the best season finale i have ever seen. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and the flashbacks were all really good and fit well.

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but I'm pretty sure that when Hurley is running through the airport, he runs past a soccer team, and of course they all have numbers on their backs. I only caught 2 of the number (16 and 8) anyone tape it and see if the other girls had more of the "numbers."

One thought that me and my friend had last night while watching it was that maybe it has a kind of "lost in space" thing to it, meaning that they somehow went through a time warp and that they are encountering themselves in the future. This thought came to us when both Sawyer and one of "the others" grabbed their guns at the exact same time. Because clearly these people must not have been on the island for too long because they have guns.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AirPo said:
Was that a women who dropped the fire bomb onto the raft? Could that be Alex?

I think alot of people are thinking that women is Alex. She looks a little old because most people are assuming she is only 16. But I'm thinking just because the tape was running for 16 years doesn't mean Danielle has been on the island for only 16 years. Here's the best pic I could get off my dvr of the women on the boat.

snapshot308.bmp

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
suzybeezy said:
I think alot of people are thinking that women is Alex. She looks a little old because most people are assuming she is only 16. But I'm thinking just because the tape was running for 16 years doesn't mean Danielle has been on the island for only 16 years. Here's the best pic I could get off my dvr of the women on the boat.

snapshot308.bmp
Definately looks too old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Babymine

Optimistic Pessimist
Dec 8, 2004
✟11,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I so enjoyed that whole episode, there was enough suspense to keep you wondering for a while, and some comic relief. When Hurley was running through that airport, and finally got to the gate, and the woman calls up and then says- it's your lucky day. Yet you know the plane will crash. There was just a funny sadness to it.

I just love hurley, but it looks like he really is starting to lose it. I agree with the walt thing in that- I had no idea that was coming at all. What will happen to mike, jin and sawyer? Did they shoot sawyer? How will they ever find walt again? I kept on hoping he would visualize a shark or something.
and what about that hatch? if it is so far down into the ground, where did that light come from?
I was thoroughly satisfied by that season finale, I cant wait to see what they have in store for next season. Hopefully Lost will not fizzle like Desperate Housewives.

Upvote 0

Ittai2

Hungry and Thirsty
May 26, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
✟7,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I'm a bonehead. Set our VCR to tape the season finale last night. I usually give the tape 5 minutes before the start of the show in case of clocks being fast/slow. Anyway, I did the same thing last night, but forgot to change the tape speed from SP to EP. A 120 minute tape, for a two-hour show that I started five minutes early...do the math. :) So now my wife and I have no idea what happened after the montage as they were loading the plane.

Can someone help fill in the blank space?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm nonplussed about the finale, but I soooo enjoyed it. I've taped it and will watch it again tomorrow or this weekend. There were only about 5 jaw dropping moments during the finale, including Arzt's untimely "death," Danielle being more bonkers than she seemed and Walt's abduction, but I was disappointed (in a good way) because the finale - again - raised more questions than answered them!!!

suzybeezy said:
WOW! I thought it was a great episode. I jumped out of my seat several times! There was so much talk about Science vs. Faith. I think next season we will see the island split.

The twists were delicious. I've mentioned this on a Skeptical forum, but while comparing my "ugh" response to Medium and my love of Lost that I have no problem suspending all disbelief and accepting that the Island can make a parapalegic walk or a dead fetus be born alive (my personal theory about Claire/Aaron). Lost is a work of fiction and all the astounding plot twists are just part of what makes the story so fun and compelling.

suzybeezy said:
Poor Artz. Although I loved his dialogue with Hurley. How funny was that when he said "and how come you haven't lost a pound".

I was sad that a the "fleshing" out of Arzt's character meant parts of him winding up on Jack's back. The sudden nitro blast surprised me, and his death(?) was shocking since TV guide suggested he'd be back for Season 2. What am I to think of such a revelation?

suzybeezy said:
Did anyone hear the clicking sound when lock was being dragged by the "monster"? Sounded like when you're going up the hill of a rollercoaster. I tried to get a picture of it. Notice the chain around his leg?

WooWooWoooWooooo.... ;) I suggested a while back that the Monster is an homage to Forbidden Planet and last night's "revelation" was very much like the FP Monster's revelation. As far as the Monster goes... I'm still satisfied with what was revealed.

suzybeezy said:
Claire names the baby Aaron, which is Hebrew, meaning Messenger. In the Bible Aaron was Moses bible, and he helped deliver the plagues. Interesting I'd say. But what's up with Charlie. I knew he'd eventually find those drugs. I hope he just brought back an empty statue.

Charlie getting a huge stash of smack will provide 2 more seasons of story line. As far as Aaron goes, I thought of him being the one to lead the Israelites into the Promised Land. Claire's baby might be the pivotal key to them getting off the Island... finally.

suzybeezy said:
So, what's up with Locke on his own crazy power trip. After he intentionally seeks out the "monster". He ignores Hurley's warning about the "bad numbers" and blows up the hatch anyway.

Locke had a connection with the Monster from his boar/"Walkabout" episode, and his connection has been alluded to throughout the season (Charlie's guitar, etc.) He's also the only person to have seen what's inside the Hatch.

suzybeezy said:
And we discover that there are in fact "others" and they have a power boat. And Danielle was right about the voices saying they were after the boy, just the boy they were after was Walt! We knew he was special, we just didn't know the island knew it.

That's one of the "Meh" feelings I have about the finale. Clearly, since Ethan was there, there must be the "others." Walt's abduction solidifies that some "others" exist. But who are they, where are they, and was the black smoke a ruse, part of the plan, etc? Maddening!!! :scratch:

suzybeezy said:
And then to discover in the end, that the magazine the Walt had been reading on the island, that seemed to be dictating what was happening on the island was in fact Hurley's. And that Hurley and Walt seemed to connect when Hurley boarded the plane.

"Hugo" reading a Spanish version of a comic book came as no surprise (at this point), but the connection of the comic to Walt, and thus the references back to Walt's possible psychic powers and his ability to summon Polar Bears to tropical islands tied up a big loose end for the story. I'm still curious about why Hurley winked and nodded at Walt during the boarding of 815.

suzybeezy said:
And my final picture, has to be the little tease of what is down that rotten hatch, that ladder has to lead somewhere. Guess we have to wait till next season.

Thank you for the screen caps. They'll only make my wait until Season 2 starts all the more agonizing...

I want to know!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I figured out 10minutes into the show that nothing was to be answered by the season finale.

Next season predictions:

Sawyer ends up on the pirate boat with pistol in hand, kills all the pirates and frees the boy but kills the engine and electronics and they drift back to th island as does the others on the boat(drift back on the remnants of the boat.) Sawyer will need medical attention due to the bullet wound he suffered.
Will Jinn be with Sawyer or with with Walts Dad.
The hatch(now the hole) will lead down to an underground lab?

A crazy Dr doing all kinds of experiments?
Danelle would have been dead, if I was the one chasing her. You can't trust her. She attacked Claire twice, trying to get the baby.

An island wedding?
Charlie could easily disappear, leaving the group to live in the plane.(with the drugs.)

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone ever seen this link? http://www.tvguide.com/special/lost/lostAtlas.asp

I went there today and started clicking around at the different locations. It brought up a lot of clues I had forgotten about. Like some of the character connections and such. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Loved loved loved the finale! It's going to be a loooong summer.

I don't have a lot more to add from what's already been said. I have both parts of the finale on my TiVo and I imagine I'll be watching it several more times to pick up on missed clues. Can't wait for the summer reruns to begin too, although ABC has said that because of the summer weeks vs. episode count, they won't be repeating every episode - but they will have several back-to-back episodes on the same night.

TVGuide.com noted this about the numbers and Hurley's airport flashback:

In addition to the clever line [about Jack having some Artz on him], [Hurley] also had the best flashback of the night with his haphazard trip through the airport, which showed off more of the numbers, from the soccer jerseys, to the $1600 bucks he used to borrow some guy's scooter and the diminishing KPH of his car, which started at 15 and then dropped from 8 to 4. I'm very excited that I have more numbers to mull over during the summer hiatus, and if anyone had a nice TV and was able to tell what floor the elevator stopped on, let me know. 'K?

I bet those numbers turn up everywhere in the summer repeats, especially the episodes from before the numbers themselves were revealed. :D

Upvote 0