Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Holding God In Reverence
Jesus As Lord Over All!

The Lord Jesus is presented to mankind as the "Son of God" (one with the Father by Spirit) and "Son of man" (born in a body like all men, but without a natural father), and as the Redeemer-Savior, and the Lord over all; and all "born again" saints are regarded as "brethren" ---plural meaning "fellow members" (see Webster's Dictionary for brethren). To refer to the Lord Jesus as "my brother" and The Father as "my dad" or "daddy" (as some brash young ones do), is reducing the Lord to a common man like self and all others; and is demeaning and disrespectful, for He is Holy and Lord over all mankind; and is God manifested in the flesh. A true "born again" believer would not thus demean the Savior. One should bow in humility and reverence!

The Lord Jesus counts all true believers as "brethren" --fellow members of the spiritual family, not as kindred relations of men. In Matthew 12:50 the Lord Jesus speaks of all believers only in analogy as God's family ---being in a holy union, but not as natural brothers or sisters.

It is a mis-translation in some new Bible versions to call the Lord as "our brother" ---single reference. Saints of God can only be "brothers and sisters" as in the holy family aspect. The proper reference for Romans 8:29 is "...among many brethren" as shown in sound Bible versions.

In the several references to "Abba Father", Bible scholars show it is to be understood as "Father-Father" as a call of respectful endearment, not as a natural ---"daddy". The two references combine the Aramaic word: Abba and the Greek word meaning Father, as explained in the Concise Bible Dictionary, which brings together both Jews and Gentiles to know the Creator-God as the one Father (procreator). Jesus showed the difference and special relationship with the Father (progenitor of man) as "...MY Father, and YOUR Father" (John 20:17).
- R.L.D. -from biblecounsel.homestead.com.

• Agree
Reactions: Pilgrim

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I call him Daddy quite often and I sense no anger or disrespect from him as a result

I would not just depend on my "sense" as to how God feels and thinks, but only by His immutable Word ---"them that honor Me, I will honor", and that is by His Word committed to us as our guide (not left to our ideas). Something to think about here!

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well while you are being all high and holy, I am in a very loving tender relationship with my Father in Heaven. I do not need nor request your approval of such. It is only a shame you feel it necessary to shun those who are in so deep with their Father.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing wrong with seeking to be "holy", and also wholly in conformity to God's Word. I don't know why you feel a need to speak against a piece of ministry that is posted here as Bible counsel. We are not asked to set the standards, friend, but to follow "all the counsel of God" as shown. I wasn't asking for your approval, as you say, but sharing a paper that is quite sound; and I am not shunning anyone who is interested in looking fully at the Word of God. Go in peace!

Upvote 0