SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The scripture says that the lust of the flesh is manifest. That means it is always here, and we are called upon to resist it and walk in the spirit rather than the flesh. It does not just go away because we become saved.

Galatians 5:19-21
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The word manifest means as opposed to hidden. They are obvious in us all.

The desires to do these things are "obvious" and we are told not to practice them.
As the old preacher said, "A bird may fly over your head, but you do not have to let it land on your head."

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. If I do see a woman who, in the way I was made, I could find sexually attractive, I remind myself that she is a whole person created by our God, equally and wonderfully made just as I was - and as such she deserves to be viewed as a whole person and treated as a whole person. That reminder has served me well in not allowing myself to objectify her and make her an object of lust.

Edited to add - after reading the post immediately below mine, I am clearly missing some context, but 2PhiloVoid’s comments are wise. If you husband is wanting other wives or concubines and is claiming some biological reason, he is wrong. If he claims the Bible supports bringing others into your marriage, he is wrong. Not knowing full context I will leave it at that other than to say God did not make men so weak we cannot control our attractions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you as a married man, look at other women lustfully?

Whether we supposedly "Christian" men do or don't look at other women in ways we shouldn't isn't the prime locus of concern, sister Tryphena.

The point here, really, is that your husband is having some deep seated need for psychological counseling (preferably of the Christian kind). A bit of education on his part in biblical hermeneutics and exegesis would help quite a bit as well since he seems to be pushing the polygamy card all too much. He isn't justified in his interpretations.

He's wrong, and I'll be the one who will suggest that he put his manly strength forward, pull up his big boy britches and be the husband that he's supposed to be.

What you might do is gently, quietly suggest to him that there are other Christian men out here in this big ol' world who think he's definitely wrong. I am sorry to hear that he's having some emotional difficulties and that he's also causing you emotional difficulty in turn, especially being that you both have two small children who need two solid parents to care for them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0