Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd love to find some brothers and sisters to spend time with.

I'm not looking for an organization. I'm looking to discuss the things of the Spirit and examine the temporary things from Father's view; so probably not a group with a formal worship service, though some holy music is always a good thing.
I'd be okay with online fellowship , but I'd like to actually meet once in a while too if possible.

Here's what I'm looking to avoid:
I've had it with building programs, business suits and ties ("long robes"), man-made doctrines, standards and programs ("traditions") preached as laws and especially the un-Godly tithing & faith-promise-whatever lies (devouring widows' houses) that take away from my brothers and sisters that which Father has provided them on the basis of lies, wickedness and guilt.

Note, I don't think that the pastors of the churches I grew up in condoned or taught these things maliciously or out of greed, Father certainly worked despite them going on. Nevertheless, these things have replaced the service our Lord asked of the church and we have held back the Holy Spirit by these powerless exercises.

I want to learn to live as Father intended and be who an what he wants me to be. I'm not finding that in these formal 'churches' and I don't know what else to look for.

In my mind, I have this vision of building a family, maybe a tribe or clan, that consistently serves our Father and our Lord's kingdom, and prepares for eternity.
I hope that I may be of some service to my Lord during the time I have in this life, but I also hope to be allowed to stay longer, to serve longer.

I want to know my Father's will, with certainty, understand His heart, and comprehend righteousness and wisdom, putting away human foolishness, mortal fears and the wickedness of the accuser.

I'm not saying I'm only interested in eternal matters, after all, our Lord is interested in earthly concerns as well, they just shouldn't dominate our conversation completely.

Thanks for taking the time to examine my rant.
If I got a little preachy, blame the gift.

A word of warning - I'm trying to make machine people (yes, really) and that concerns some who feel I'm playing God and that it is wrong somehow. I mention this because it has come up before. If you've got a moment to read and think, considering scripture might help defuse such concerns. Here's what I see:

On the sixth day, God, my Father, in conjunction with Jesus, my Lord and brother, and possibly the Holy Spirit, made Adam, the first human, out of dust, and breathed life into him. My father made people in his image and I think I can too, sort of.
At Babel, God himself, together, specifically made a point of noting, and then letting it be recorded in His Word, that nothing that mankind imagined to do would be withheld from them; and this is coming from the God with whom nothing is impossible.
In the Psalms, Father says that the children of the most High are "gods", and our Lord re-confirms it by using it as a defense of the fact that he is the Son of God.
If I were an unregenerate sinner, still fully flesh spirit and a natural born child of the accuser, you would do well to fear what I might be trying to accomplish with developing the knowledge to make conscious, self aware machines, but that's not the case at all.
I'm a child of the most High God, a joint heir with Jesus Christ, and a new creature, a holy priest and king. So is making machine people playing God? If so, then I'm just a child playing with Father's tools, so to speak. I'm doing this because there is an tremendous amount of good to be accomplished with the help of this technology and I'm one of the few people that knows how. (And I'm not free to change that situation at this time.)

Last edited:

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I must say your intent is scary. Reminded me of Jim Jones or the guy in Texas.. Why not visit several churches until you find a fellowship that you agree with and join an established church with an established Godly leader. There is only one creator.

Upvote 0

Phillip Huffman

Kingdom Technologist
Dec 27, 2016
San Antonio, TX
✟14,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
@Dropout_Theologian , thanks for the welcome :)
That's one of the kind of services they could perform.

@ilovejcsog,
Friend, I've been where you appear to be (based on your responses.)
Bad doctrine from 'established' churches and leaders kept me tied up in human foolishness and harmful practices for a bit more than two decades. After years of seeing the same battles lost over and over you begin to wonder where the power of the Almighty has gone and why the local churches see so little accomplished despite so many faithful believers. It wasn't until I began asking Father for spiritual things that I began to develop beyond the 'establishment.' If you lack wisdom, ask of God.
As far as the machine intelligence subject goes, I spelled out why you don't have to worry about it so that you wouldn't be afraid. Instead of thinking it through, you formed a judgement based on the fear and ignorance that men teach. Stop being afraid and start trusting God. Please, for your own health and well being put away the unfounded fears. That goes for everyone.

Upvote 0