✟7,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Hi all,

I'm new, and this is my first post. I found this forum by searching for "Christian Divorce Forums", which lead to the Divorce section of this site. I'm going through a divorce currently, and my biggest struggle is my faith. Another forum I'm a part of, that is focused on infidelity and the impact it has, has really helped me this far, but now my struggles are more faith based. My soon to be ex-husband has been guilting me for my decision to divorce him, and though I try to not let it get to me, it is. I know God will still love me, and will forgive me, as he will forgive my ex for his infidelity that lead to me asking for a divorce. I will post more details in the divorce section, but just wanted to introduce myself.

God Bless.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

I'm new, and this is my first post. I found this forum by searching for "Christian Divorce Forums", which lead to the Divorce section of this site. I'm going through a divorce currently, and my biggest struggle is my faith. Another forum I'm a part of, that is focused on infidelity and the impact it has, has really helped me this far, but now my struggles are more faith based. My soon to be ex-husband has been guilting me for my decision to divorce him, and though I try to not let it get to me, it is. I know God will still love me, and will forgive me, as he will forgive my ex for his infidelity that lead to me asking for a divorce. I will post more details in the divorce section, but just wanted to introduce myself.

God Bless.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

He chose to be unfaithful and according to the Lords word you have the option of ending the marriage and have chosen to do so. So there is no reason for you to feel guilty about that choice.

Even so, certainly the both of you are going to be emotionally effected, and are going to be sad about it.

Forgive him for the offense and let him know you have done so.

Forgiveness does not effect the decision made by you to end the marriage ... that is ... meaning because you do so you should or are required to stay with him.

Ignore his attempts to place the guilt on you. Ignore it ... Ignore it.

Pray for him.

God Bless and may the Lord give the both of you peace. Amen.

Upvote 0

Cielo77

Mar 5, 2019
central illinois
✟16,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi all,

God Bless.

TereMack. I'm sorry that you are going thru this difficult season. Have you tried to go to counseling and talk things out? I have found that love covers all things. there are other options to look into. have you discussed this with him?

Upvote 0

Cielo77

Mar 5, 2019
central illinois
✟16,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
@TereMack, sorry that you are going thru a difficult season. have you discussed things with a counselor or considered other options? I found out that love covers all things. Try taking some time to think about all aspects. Yes, God is full of grace, mercy, love and patience. Please take time to pray about your feelings and seek His guidance for the next steps. Prayers, Hugs.

Upvote 0