Looking for a formal debate with a theist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Which part specifically in quantum mechanics is evidence for a god?
quantum mechanics has fascinated scientists because when they do their tests they discover there are no constants - the quantum particles act inconsistently - which is confusing to scientists who KNOW everything works on phyical laws - or do they?

what quantum physicists are discovering is that quantum particles appear and disappear and act and react according to how the quantum scientist observer believes - as though quantum particles behave on command

meaning there are metaphysical laws as well as physical laws

this is exactly what Jesus talke about when He said whatever we say/think/believe is done for us

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps i put this in the wrong forum. If it is expected that i will give a proposition, you will give a proposition, i will respond, you will respond, then we will have a cross examination. That's not what i mean when i say i want a debate. So perhaps that is my fault for not understanding the guidlines of this specific forum. I despise formal debates because it makes it impossible to address everything another person says. I prefer to just skip to the cross examination part of the debate where we can have a free and open exchange, one message at a time in an orderly fashion. So instead of saying i want a debate, perhaps what i should say is that i want a free echange of ideas.
You do know this is a formal debate proposal forum right? This is where you propose and discuss a formal debate that is meant to result, if you need clarification check the forum rules. I like formal debates because it focuses the attention on specifics and moves to a conclusion. Arguing this in circles doesn't interest me in the slightest but since you suggest proposals I would need the specifics of the three rounds up front. You can initiate the proposal and I will respond as I see fit. As I suggest before there will be an introduction and a conclusion that will be whatever we want them to be. The rounds of discussion will focus on the subject matter. If your not actually interested in a formal debate I intend to report the thread to the moderators requesting it be moved to a more suitable forum.

If you are not interested in a formal debate what are you doing here?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I have never heard of "multistrata fossils" so i went ahead and did quick google. What came up was not multistata fossils, but instead "polystrate fossils." What concerned me first was that literally every single page on google i saw was a creationist website. It's almost like this is something that only cretionists believe and is not accepted by scientists. So i did some research on it. Turns out a guy named Dawson completely debunked this hypothesis in the late 1800s, and it is not even remotely accepted in geology today as an explaination of anything. So... yeah..
great observation

the thing is that there are several issues like polystrata fossils that evolutionists don't want to address - because they can't - so they don't - as per your search yielding no results

there are also human footprints fossilized intesecting dinosaur footprints - which can only happen if dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time - which is what the bible claims - as per leviathan and behemoth

Upvote 0

NullHypothesis

Dec 23, 2017
columbus
✟8,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
You do know this is a formal debate proposal forum right? This is where you propose and discuss a formal debate that is meant to result, if you need clarification check the forum rules. I like formal debates because it focuses the attention on specifics and moves to a conclusion. Arguing this in circles doesn't interest me in the slightest but since you suggest proposals I would need the specifics of the three rounds up front. You can initiate the proposal and I will respond as I see fit. As I suggest before the will be an introduction and a conclusion that will be whatever we want them to be. The rounds of discussion will focus on the subject matter.

If you are not interested in a formal debate what are you doing here?
I'm aware of that now. But by the time i was aware of how this thread works i was already 4 pages in. lol. And i didn't realize the rules were so stringent, so i just clicked any debate forum because i have never used this site before. This is my first thread. Had i known it matters WHERE a conversation takes place, i would have made a different decision regarding the forum thread. Is it against the rules to have a free echange in this thread? If so i can ask to have this moved to a more appropriate venue.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm aware of that now. But by the time i was aware of how this thread works i was already 4 pages in. lol. And i didn't realize the rules were so stringent, so i just clicked any debate forum because i have never used this site before. This is my first thread. Had i known it matters WHERE a conversation takes place, i would have made a different decision regarding the forum thread. Is it against the rules to have a free echange in this thread? If so i can ask to have this moved to a more appropriate venue.
Well and good, I'm sure the moderators will be happy to accommodate you on that. It looks like something that would be good for the apologetics forum. Perhaps I'll see you there.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
How did god prove to you that he is real?
it is a personal thing - God and you know what will convince you that God exists

He is a very personal and loving God - so you and Him need to work out what it will take for you to KNOW He exists

this is very easy for God to do - He promises that IF we seek Him with all our hearts HE will let us find Him - Jeremiah 29:13

i was serious - i wanted to know for sure - and i wanted real proof

God supplied because i tried with all my heart to know the truth - and i was willing to push it to find out - i wanted to settle it once for all

the thing is only God can convince you - what i needed to convince me may not be convincing to you - and likewise what may convince you may not convince another - so it really is a personal interaction with God that is needed

and if you are hard to convince - no problem - as long as you are sincere God will do what it takes to convince you

God is no one's lackey - but He loves us so much that He will go to great lengths to help us know He exists

and even once you are convinced God is real you may have doubts about the veracity of the Bible - but same thing - God can explain and convince you point by point that He means what He says - via scientific proof or whatever means it takes for you to KNOW for yourself

this is the difference between KNOWING God for yourself vs being religious and subscribing to a religious system

now one thing to know is not everyone is like you and i - needing proof God exists - we are more like doubting Thomas who refused to believe unless he had some proof - there were many others who believed what God said without proof - but God loves us all - skeptics and believers - so HE is big enough to reach all who want to be reached

God bless you my friend

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
yes report your own thread and ask for it to be moved to a more appropriate forum and it will be

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Hey guys, i am going to start another thread that is more appropriate for what i want to debate. Consider this thread dead. Keep an eye out for my posts though, i really enjoy duking it out with you guys. :)
then report this thread saying you want it closed so that it can be closed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.