muffler dragon

Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I never stayed there to listen to it, but one church I attended read the entire Bible straight through non-stop. I think they had people coming every hour to continue. I can't remember the amount of time it took.

I don't quite know what the whole purpose was, but they did it.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, muffler dragon. I like that idea! Imagine sitting there (with breaks, of course :D ) and just luxuriating in the Word! :bow: I'm going to suggest that at my church. :clap:

At a Sunday service at my house we read the Book of Ruth! I love Ruth!

Upvote 0

ChrisB

Jan 28, 2004
✟16,919.00
Faith
Protestant
muffler dragon said:
I never stayed there to listen to it, but one church I attended read the entire Bible straight through non-stop. I think they had people coming every hour to continue. I can't remember the amount of time it took.

I don't quite know what the whole purpose was, but they did it.

Ezekiel 40-48 must have been particularly gripping ;)

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In the Episcopal Church, for what it's worth, the Gospel lesson every Palm Sunday is the complete Passion narrative: Matthew 26:36-27:66, Mark 14:32-15:47, or Luke 22:39-23:56 -- we rotate through those three Gospels in a three-year cycle. And this is after three other lessons: the Gospel story of the Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem, an Old Testament lesson, and an Epistle lesson.

Owing to the length of the passage, many congregations choose to do it as a "dramatic narrative" with one person reading the Gospel writer's narrative account and others reading the words of Jesus, Peter, Pilate, and so on.

Upvote 0