Long Distance Relationship

aggieguard719

Apr 18, 2009
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Does anybody know how to start in a Long Distance Relationship??
Basically I really like someone.. but our schools are 4 hours from eachother and we only got to hang out for a couple days before our Christmas break was over. She's an old friend from school, so we know eachother, but not well enough to start a relationship.. and certainly not long distance.

Basically my only real option (at least I think) is to wait until summer until we can hang out all the time and get to know eachother more.. but thats so far away!!

I just want to know if there is an efficient way to engage in a relationship thats long distance right from the start. Any advice would help. Thanks.

C

CluelessGuitarist

I am in a long distance relationship with a guy from California and I am in Ohio. We use skype a lot. He has a web cam and I do so we use that as well. Just like the previous post we also use facebook, myspace, ect. It works. He even came down to Ohio this past Christmas. Yeah at times it is hard but long distance relationships ain't really that bad

Upvote 0

nickcu13

Jan 20, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
✟7,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My recommendation: do not start in a long distance relationship. The ONLY way those work is if there is a history before the distance that is intact and strong. The pressures social lives, friends, differences in timing of classes/activities, and the struggle with maintaining honesty and purity to the one person are very hard barriers to overcome, especially at the beginning of the relationship.

My thoughts are this. Be friends for now. Thats what you need to be before you can be anything else anyway. Forget about her as anything more than a friend at this point in time. Do not dwell on her as a future girlfriend. That is not going to help. God has a plan. If it is in His plan that you two get together, then it will happen later down the road when the timing is right. If it is not in His plan for you two to be more than friends, then you will not waste either of your time or emotions and still have a friend.

I hope this helped.

With Love in Him.
-Nick

Upvote 0