Long distance, his unfaithfulness?

Mar 26, 2013
✟7,614.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We Have been married for two years and he has always been struggling with temptation. From what I remember, I don't think he told me about his problem until around the time we married.

We are currently living separately. We have been for 16 months and in June I will be moving to be with him.
There has been little accounts of problems here and there, but this one was most alarming:

There is a lady at the school he is attending and five months ago he told her that he was attracted to her. They were speaking to each other. He told her that he liked her. He told me that he thought she was beautiful. He told her that if he wasn't married that he'd consider her, but that they cannot talk.

It broke my heart. I didn't think he wanted to talk about it, he'd always change the subject or get upset. So I closed up.

He promised me after that night that he'd never speak to her, and since then I didn't hear any more about her until he visited me just a couple days ago and stayed for a while.

He said she was running after him and catching up with him to talk after classes, and that she was dating someone. She told him that she didn't care if she was already 'taken'. She was willing to cheat. She kept flirting and he said he flirted back. He said she was ugly, but well endowed...( I am not very big in the breast department) I bawled my eyes out. I told him I was angry, and that itd take a while to forgive him but he kept going on about how it isn't healthy to hold onto anger and that itd be better if I should just forgive him now. So I told him I forgave him......

He went back to OK. and his classes started again. He promised me again that he wont talk to her. I'm really nervous about him being there. I don't know how to sort my thoughts. I opened up as much as I could. But I don't know if he understands at all... I might sound rude but I want to beat some sense into that woman; but I also know that if my husband is pursuing her, its his fault as well. I'm nervous everyday now.... Its so hard to think. I'm nervous all day at work thinking about that...

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟196,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't doubt it'd be better for him if you forgave him right then... But that's not how you were feeling and to drum forgiveness out of you kind of defeats the sentiment.

So where is his accountability for his behavior in this? I mean, seriously, he should be earning, not demanding, forgiveness.

Upvote 0

cmjohnson1613

Mar 26, 2013
✟15,163.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok this is just sad. Main point i am wondering is why are you desperate? That isn't healthy in the first place. Second, he should not be even talking to any other woman like that. Idk I'm a married guy and I never look at any other woman much less talk to her as if I'm not married.

What you need to do it tell him how bad he is hurting and stressing you out. Then pray for him to have strength to defeat his temptations.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you feel this insecure now, marriage won't fix that, in fact it'll make it a million times worse.
By the sounds of it, I wouldn't trust him either.
I agree with Tropics, give him his walking papers until he's ready to man-up and stop flirting with other women.

~ Niffer

Upvote 0

cmjohnson1613

Mar 26, 2013
✟15,163.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you feel this insecure now, marriage won't fix that, in fact it'll make it a million times worse.
By the sounds of it, I wouldn't trust him either.
I agree with Tropics, give him his walking papers until he's ready to man-up and stop flirting with other women.

~ Niffer

She has stated that they have been married for 2 years. The only way to actually get out of marriage is if he cheats but even then God doesn't like that. It is best to pray for him to change and I will make sure I pray tonight before going to bed.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟196,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She has stated that they have been married for 2 years. The only way to actually get out of marriage is if he cheats but even then God doesn't like that. It is best to pray for him to change and I will make sure I pray tonight before going to bed.

They believe themselves to be spiritually married, but they are not legally married... Which may explain why he conducts himself as he does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If he loves you, ask him to really marry you with both of your parents there at the very least if it's possible.

A married man shouldn't tell a woman he finds her attractive and if he weren't married, he would consider a relationship with her. What good can come of that?

I generally don't tell women they are good looking. I don't think it's wrong in the right context for something like, "You look good in that dress" or something benign like that, but I don't tend to do it since I'm married, unless its a relative. Maybe if someone were talking about how ugly she was when she was pretty, I might say something.

Upvote 0

rugrat

Mar 30, 2013
✟7,615.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Pray for him and about your situation, but I will say one thing also. If he is doing this now what is to say he will actually change when you are married. Someone doesn't change just because they get married. Problems unfortunately do not magically disappear.

most importantly focus on God and follow His leading..

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Of course it's your h's fault if he is pursuing her. It sounds like a total mess. I doubt that your separation is driving his dishonesty and lecherous behavior. For him to be "always struggling with temptation" does not sound good at all. It sounds as though he pulled a bait and switch on you, with not telling you until after you were 'married'. I saw from the other thread that you are not officially married. I would jump ship. Sorry. There are so many red flags, and from a woman my age, who has seen so much, I would advise my daughters the same thing - just let him go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums