• It's somewhat irreverent

• Meh

• It's funny! What's the big deal?

• God can use this to reach people anyway :clap:

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They've been discussing it in the EO forum... but do you think this is blasphemy, or do you think it could still be used by the Lord? It's basically the entire Bible translated into lolcat speak.

Clicky here

Will include a poll, also - please forgive me if I miss out any options. Am interested in an overview as well as discussion :hug:

Thank you for any answers :)

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Seriously, how can one not see the humor in the lolcat bible?

The very first thing my hubby and I looked up was the 23rd Psalm, and we loved it. I am a cat person, so I took the text and made it look all nice and hung it in my office. I called it the Cat's Shepherd Prayer. I believe my hubby has actually assisted on some of the translation - or he at least mentioned he was interested in it.

We love LOLcats, we love God...put the two together.

Reactions: Rochir
Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

The very first thing my hubby and I looked up was the 23rd Psalm, and we loved it. I am a cat person, so I took the text and made it look all nice and hung it in my office. I called it the Cat's Shepherd Prayer. I believe my hubby has actually assisted on some of the translation - or he at least mentioned he was interested in it.

Does your husband post here, or did he post on the CF-IIDB thread? Because I know some of the people from here said over there that they had done some of the translating of it.

I think it is humorous, in a way, but I think it could be dangerous since the translating was obviously done by people who are not Bible scholars, and, in their effort to mock, they likely have changed the meanings of some of the theological passages.

But maybe it will still be used for good by God.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't really vote on it, it's irreverant completely - not somewhat and it borders blasphemy in my opinion.

It makes God look silly and His serious commands "funny". The whole thing is meant to be funny and much of the Bible is not funny or meant to be.
The whole "Jezuz is my best buddy" type of attitude which I find irreverant.

So the seriousness it brings to God's holiness and power is pretty much diminished as people laugh thru the entire thing.
It's one thing to do it to one or 2 of the 'popular' verses, not the ENTIRE bible. It's innapropriate.
Esp. when it comes to the crucifixion

I have a problem with it.

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ah, see, I went straight to 1 Corinthians 13, and still saw God's love in there... went from thinking this was something hideous (and I still believe its intent is mockery) to thinking God can use it anyway :)

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
4 Happy Cat peepz ar [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]d an ar sayn, "[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] wy shez can wayst katnips?5 Katnips can b solded for lotz of ca$h so homless kittehs can has cheezbrgrs." An dey is bein meens to hers.
6 "ZOMG [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] n00bs!!!11!" sed Happy Cat
http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Mark_14

K, after reading this, it's blasphemy

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree, now, after seeing that. :eek:
ya,... at first I only read a few verses earlier in Mark....

I was looking for crucifixion verses & stumbled on the cuss words...

I'd LOVE to see them make a LOLcat of THE KORAN!

rofl
interesting how easy it is to mock Christianity isn't it but they wont' go near Islam.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
He is also known as Ceiling Cat...and Satan is the basement cat. For example:

funny-pictures-ceiling-cat-creates-.jpg

and

funny-pictures-lucifer-cat-on-floor.jpg

and

funny-pictures-basement-cat-clw.jpg

or

funny-pictures-basement-cat-vs-ceil.jpg

Upvote 0

arielette

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2004
✟55,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Genesis 1:1 http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Genesis_1#1 Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.
Yes I laughed - I can't believe someone took the time to translate the entire bible into LOL Cat English Dialect. Calling God "Celing Cat" is too much. My opinion is this is probably a very, very bad thing.

Lords Prayer:

"Dis is found in teh Book of Matthew 6 an in teh Book of Luke 11, srsly. Dis beez teh Ceiling Cat Prayer:
Praise Ceiling Cat, yu be watchin us, yu can has cheezburger. Wut yu want, yu gets, srsly. In ceiling and on teh flor. Giv us dis day our dalee cheezburger. And furgiv us for makin yu a cookie, but eateding it. And we furgiv wen cats steel our cookiez. An do not let us leed into teh showa, but deliver us from teh wawter. Ceiling Cat pwns all. He pwns teh ceiling and teh floor and walls too. Forevur and evuhr. Amen."

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
as to that chapter from Mark...

several peoples do translations for LOLBible. Some of those peoples are not very respectful. They're SUPPOSED to be, mind you. But the acronym and the p-word that you find there aren't everywhere in the LOLBible.

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,722.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I guess, I don't see it as a deliberate attempt to mock the bible. It is a little irreverent but then I guess I don't know if that is always bad.

I think it is funny, but I would not see it as having any practical value.

oh yes... I have to add, I think some people have WAYYYY too much time on their hands and apparently no worthwhile hobbies :)

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I guess, I don't see it as a deliberate attempt to mock the bible. It is a little irreverent but then I guess I don't know if that is always bad.

I think it is funny, but I would not see it as having any practical value.

If nothing else, it gives me and my husband something to sit down and look at and laugh at together. We don't subscribe to the belief that laughing at the LOLBible means we're laughing or mocking the real bible, or God himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
as to that chapter from Mark...

several peoples do translations for LOLBible. Some of those peoples are not very respectful. They're SUPPOSED to be, mind you. But the acronym and the p-word that you find there aren't everywhere in the LOLBible.
well using the "F" acronym anywhere in any chapter is blasphemous

I don't see how we somehow make it a matter of how many times it has to be used in order to be considered vulgar in the Bible?

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He is also known as Ceiling Cat...and Satan is the basement cat. For example:

funny-pictures-ceiling-cat-creates-.jpg

and

funny-pictures-lucifer-cat-on-floor.jpg

and

funny-pictures-basement-cat-clw.jpg

or

funny-pictures-basement-cat-vs-ceil.jpg
IF they left it to a good vs. evil picture fest, GREAT! It's cute & funny.

Remaking the BIBLE into it is not funny to me - it crosses the line even if SOME can be funny.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
well using the "F" acronym anywhere in any chapter is blasphemous

I don't see how we somehow make it a matter of how many times it has to be used in order to be considered vulgar in the Bible?

The point I was trying to make is that this translation stuff isn't supposed to be vulgar and the like. I don't like the use of the acronym, either, but we just ignore it and move on.

I understand where you're coming from, too, Nadiine. Many people don't like the LOLCat bible and that's their (your) prerogative. I put it in the same category as Harry Potter. Some people like it, some people hate it, but it doesn't really change God's work any.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.