Logical Proof of the Existence of a Divine Creator-Why Atheism is Not Logically Sound

Draconic

Chess Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2008
✟15,268.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, dear. The ever refuted "watchmaker" arguement.

Basically this- you know a watch has a maker, even if you can't see him. Thus, creation has a creator, even if you can't seem him.

The reason why we know a watch (or whatever thing you use; building, painting, etc.) has a maker is because there is proof. Knowledge, brand names, etc.

However, this is because there is no known natural phenomena (or however you spell it) to make watches or buildings or cars. There ARE natural, agnostic (science makes no claims on the existence of god/s) explanations for things like the formation of planets, universe, stars, life, etc.

I'll do my own analogy. I'll use snowflakes. If you've ever looked at a snowlake, it LOOKS designed. However, we know it isn't. Why? Because we already have a natural explanation for it (the crystallization of water droplets in the atmosphere)

The same is for life, planets, universe, etc.

Even if all the planets somehow formed themselves, all somehow staying in perfect orbit and possessing gravity, even take for granted that all the chemicals needed for life were so how there as well, by sheer happenstance, would it then be possible for billions of species to spontaneously come about, each with a male and female of each kind so that they could exist in the long run?

This person is either blatantly ignorant or incredibly dishonest.

The first life forms were asexual, meaning only one organism was needed to reproduce. There were only a few kinds of organisms; most were VERY simple self-replicating molecules.

This article is full of straw-mans, scientific inaccuracies, and assumptions. Not proof of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

uberd00b

The Emperor has no clothes.
Oct 14, 2006
Newcastle, UK
✟22,308.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
Read this latest post on Pharyngula and prepare to laugh out the contents of your intestines. Apparently, our friend here Ypostelnik is not only ignorant of anything regarding science, but also a bit of a vandalist.
Oh wow Yomin, seems there is an interesting history to your article. One that does not paint you in a very good light.

As other posters here have pointed out your argument is completely fallacious and is a repetition of arguments that have been refuted a thousand times before. "Concentrated baloney" as Myers calls it seems an absolutely correct label.

I would laugh, but your malicious and dishonest attempts to smear the opposition inspire pity more than anything else.

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Read this latest post on Pharyngula and prepare to laugh out the contents of your intestines. Apparently, our friend here Ypostelnik is not only ignorant of anything regarding science, but also a bit of a vandalist.

LOL

What a moron.

Upvote 0

ypostelnik

Jun 13, 2008
✟7,642.00
Faith
Judaism
ChordatesLegacy,

My point was that atheists believe that all these formations happened on their own, i.e. spontaneously. I mentioned in the column that those who believe in evolution (which has many holes in it, but isn't the subject of the column) would actually have a greater problem explaning how all those steps can happen without a creator. To see why evolution is wrong (not the purpose of the above column) one can also read the bottom post of creationistsearch dot wordpress dot com
Thanks

Upvote 0

ypostelnik

Jun 13, 2008
✟7,642.00
Faith
Judaism
LOL

What a moron.

Except that's totally untrue and defamatory. Read the first post of creationistsearcher dot wordpress dot com or any of the other places where it documents the harassment and FALSE ACCUSATIONS I've received from atheists for having written that column, including what you just linked to!

Upvote 0

Paconious

Iconoclast
Mar 21, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
✟7,913.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
ChordatesLegacy,

My point was that atheists believe that all these formations happened on their own, i.e. spontaneously. I mentioned in the column that those who believe in evolution (which has many holes in it, but isn't the subject of the column) would actually have a greater problem explaning how all those steps can happen without a creator

No one has ever said that it happened out of nowhere, this is either your deceit or ignorance talking. The current research been done in abiogenesis is testing many hypothesis on mechanism by which life could of sprung. 'God did it' is a parsimonious answer to the question.

Upvote 0

ypostelnik

Jun 13, 2008
✟7,642.00
Faith
Judaism
Maybe people should do some research before blatantly slandering someone:

On the Lies and Harassment Tactics of Martin Wagner and Russell Glasser

This from Yomin Postelnik about the harassment tactics of several atheists, many tied to the Atheist Community of Austin (TX). It was posted on an atheist forum:

As you know, I recently wrote a column about logical proof of the existence of a Divine Creator. In no place did I call atheists evil or even imply it. I simply said you’re wrong and laid out some reasons why. Now I understand that you disagree. And I disagree with many columns written every day. But I don’t react like this:
After writing the column I was the subject of a targetted write-in campaign. Many people on this forum wrote in to the Publisher asking how dare they run such an “illogical” column and demanding that they retract it. These tactics are more reminiscient of the communist party and the KGB than anything American. Those who engaged in same should be truly ashamed.
But it didn’t stop there!
I also received both a torrent of emails and a torrent of calls to my business from all over the country. Some came from other parts of the world as well. 90% of these were harassing, badgering and profanity laced.
But it didn’t stop there either!
One Martin Wagner of atheistexperience posted a post with my name in it 500 times, diriding me a nincompoop, making fun of my name, etc. and then kept googling my name (as he admitted to on an open forum) and upping it so that it comes up second on any search. When I contacted his co-administrator, Russell Glasser, he at first apologized but then later started googling me and writing comments in his full name.
Their website also published my business number and the name of an employee.
Did it stop there? No.
I asked someone who works with me and who saw the scope of the harassment to find out if Martin had done this before and how widespread it was. What he found was that Martin Wagner had a series called the Hepcats and if you go to what he called his official site hepcats dot comicgenesis dot com

, he was offering 3 updates a week and asking for paypal donations, but that no updates had been provided for over a year. This person emailed Martin and confronted him about it. I understand that as a result Martin changed the official site. Martin denies promising 3 updates but it’s the first thing you see. The only other prominent part are the paypal links. I hadn’t gotten a chance to look at it till tonight, but it is shocking.

But then Martin accused me of attacking his wikipedia page. I can assure everyone that I did not. Unlike Martin, I’m not a harasser. Just a columnist who gets harassed. In fact, my wikipedia page was minorly attacked by one of his goons, but that’s not worth getting into.

I did, however, think that the guy who found the Hepcats info did mess with his wikipedia page. But when I confronted him about it he a) assured me he wouldn’t do something that could backfire so easily and b) tonight he pointed out that in all likelihood, as Martin had been moderating my comments, one of his cronies faked my IP and proceeded to write the ridiculous things he attributes to me or my webmaster. This makes sense to me, especially since a few weeks ago, before the writing of the article,
I’d been minorly attacked on about’s atheism board and when both I and someone in the office responded, I publicly posted the IP address to show that there were no multiple usernames.

If anyone wants to know the true scope of Martin Wagner’s lack of honesty (in case the Hepcats story isn’t enough), one only has to look at his website where he still accuses me, in the title of a post, from “running and hiding” from debate (for saying that I can’t debate on 50 boards and then offering a transcript of a similar debate that I was in). In fact, on Fri. I emailed him trying to settle this by agreeing to a full debate as long as him and his cronies stop playing games. He didn’t publish the comment and keeps accusing me of running from debate instead.

I’m not going to sit back and take this outright defamation and onslaught. I reached out to both Martin and Russell several times to resolve this. They instead chose to keep google stalking me (which again they openly admit to), for the express purpose of trying to harm my name and my business (as their cohorts are very specific about in comments that Martin and Russell allow published) and posting derogatory comments all over the internet. They’ve downed positive links on my google search and keep bumping up negative ones and their manipulation of google is constant and ongoing.

If you think that these tactics and this ongoing harassment speaks well to atheists and to their cause, then give Martin, Russell and the Atheist Community of Austin, who’s office manager Don called and harassed me twice after an employee called to simply find out Martin’s contact info to save us from doing a public search. If, however, you think that these tactics are reminiscient of the Bolsheviks and the KGB, then maybe you’d like to ask them to backdown before they further harm the atheist cause.

I recognize that Martin is simply a liar, a bully and a thief and that Russell is simply a two faced lackey. I want to see if more respectable atheists believe that this harms their reputation as a whole, something I’ve always taken great care not to do.

I am looking to resolve this as I don’t like pointing to the examples of some to be reflective of an entire group. That’s why I’m asking if there’s anyone here who would like to let them know the damage that they are doing to your cause. I would like to see if they speak for almost all atheists or for only the most militant.
And feel free to let Martin and Russell know your opinion of this.

South Florida Columnist Yomin Postelnik Attacked by Atheist Group

A South Florida columnist who recently wrote a column “Logical Proof of the Existence of a Divine Creator, Why Atheism is Not Logically Sound,” has received over 200 emails from militant atheists and has found himself the target of numerous forum posts and harassing phone calls. Ask if he’d do it again, Yomin Postelnik says, “it’s a shame that people react in the way they do but, yes.”
Aside from receiving phone calls at home and at work, Postelnik says he’s also found himself accused of everything under the sun “by people (he’s) never met.” He says that while he can understand disagreements based on philosophy or beliefs, he found the level of animosity and accusations to be well past anything he’s ever experienced.
Postelnik is no stranger to the political arena, writing several columns and hosting a political blog for years. At one point he also published a small political newspaper. But he finds the latest accusations by hundreds of atheists, stemming from the column, to be beyond what he’s ever experienced before.
While initially dismissive of the matter, the number of calls and threats soon became out of hand. He has said that he’d simply like to remind people, “Thomas Jefferson said he never thought that matters of religion or political philosophy were important in human relations. I would challenge those who’ve called, emailed and otherwise sent out some of the most crazed accusations on internet boards to act in that spirit.”
Bipartisanship and coming together have been strong themes in America’s national discussion. We may yet see the day when such ideals are sacredly held, even when discussing highly charged matters of faith.

Upvote 0

ypostelnik

Jun 13, 2008
✟7,642.00
Faith
Judaism
No one has ever said that it happened out of nowhere, this is either your deceit or ignorance talking. The current research been done in abiogenesis is testing many hypothesis on mechanism by which life could of sprung. 'God did it' is a parsimonious answer to the question.

My point is that all of the simultaneous happenings, and according to evolunists the continuous simultaneous happenings, could not have been other than intelligently designed, for the reasons outlined in the column.

I can't believe that people here accepted the baseless slander from someone who called me every name in the book before we even conversed and started a harassment campaign. See my last post above. The "logic" here is just astounding in all ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Err no. They didnt attack you for writing a very poorly and dishonest paper "refuting" evolution. They attatcked you for maliciously committing libel when he slammed your poorly thought out paper.

Even in the links provided, you can find evidence for his claims whereas you seem to be content in being dishonest about the entire affair.

Upvote 0

Paconious

Iconoclast
Mar 21, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
✟7,913.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
As you know, I recently wrote a column about logical proof of the existence of a Divine Creator. In no place did I call atheists evil or even imply it. I simply said you’re wrong and laid out some reasons why. Now I understand that you disagree. And I disagree with many columns written every day. But I don’t react like this

The fact is that you published a string of points refutted a trillion times. And you claimed to have logic on your side. Are you kidding me? of course your going to tick people off, your implying that atheist have an illogical position. Garbage, which is the substance of your column, has been eviscerated so many times that you really have to wonder if you did any reading before writting it.

After writing the column I was the subject of a targetted write-in campaign. Many people on this forum wrote in to the Publisher asking how dare they run such an “illogical” column and demanding that they retract it. These tactics are more reminiscient of the communist party and the KGB than anything American

Holy crap!, they kidnapped you in the middle of the night and took you to a work camp in Siberia?! Jeez, those atheist are pretty brutal.

Asking your superiors how they could of allowed , in their right mind, to run a column with points REFUTED A TRILLION TIMES is hardly communist.

I also received both a torrent of emails and a torrent of calls to my business from all over the country. Some came from other parts of the world as well. 90% of these were harassing, badgering and profanity laced.
Awww.. Boohooo. People disagreed with you? Those mean atheist, how dare they call you and your superiors.
From your column:

Encouraging atheists to open their minds to pure logic and to possibilities that they hitherto only sought to counter or to avoid on any pretext also involves an emotional challenge for them, as they must open themselves to the possibility of having to shed preconceived notions that they’ve held firm for decades. And that, rather than facts, is the primary challenge to exposing them to insightful logic. However, if they are willing to address the issue honestly, a search for the truth should be of paramount importance and enough reason for them to take an open look.

When you imply that people are dishonest and illogical, your going to tick them off and they are going to let you know about it.
I and many however, dont condone sending tirades laced with profanity and threats, if it indeed is so. I'm sorry but your credibility has taken a hit with the allegations of the wikipedia vandalism. No cut and paste is going to save you here due to your credibility. I lay no judgement on the wikipedia issue though seen as how not all of the facts are on the table. The majority of atheist leave the crazy nonsense letters to your side of the camp. Your side has perfected that art.

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How do I get to be a militant atheist? It sounds like fun!

My point is that all of the simultaneous happenings, and according to evolunists the continuous simultaneous happenings

Actually, that's just according to you. We claim no simultaneity as implied in your essay.

could not have been other than intelligently designed, for the reasons outlined in the column.

And has been plainly pointed out, your reasoning is entirely invalid and unsound. The fact that you got into a flame war with a bunch of people in no way makes your reasoning more valid or sound.

I can't believe that people here accepted the baseless slander

Slander is spoken word. You meant libel.

The "logic" here is just astounding in all ways.

On this point we all agree. The only logic in your posts is where the letters "l". "o", "g","i" and "c" are jusxtaposed.

Upvote 0

us38

im in ur mind, disturben ur sanities
Jan 5, 2007
✟8,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This thread is made of 75% epic and 75% win.

It's your side that's engaging in defamation.

You should probably learn the definition of "defamation" before you go around and accuse others of it, lest ye be accused of libel (again). Calling you a pedophile is defamation. Calling you a murderer is defamation. Calling you an idiot after you write a poorly thought out paper is not defamation. Your paper contained only one premise, that it couldn't happen a certain, which was completely unjustified. All you have is a giant argument from ignorance. Your misrepresentation of scientist's positions and your lack of basic science knowledge is apalling. If you really didn't want to take so much flak over your paper, then you should have posted it anonymously.

Your accusations are totally untrue and even Martin Wagner, the guy who alleged them, backed down somewhat in the comments section.

I find the whole IP address thing to be a little too unlikely to be coincedence. Minutes after someone with an IP address near where you live edits the first entry, someone with an IP address that varies only in the last set of digits (which means that it had to be from the same server) edits your page. Either someone went really far out their way to frame you, or you did it. Guess which I think is more likely?

I hope you're all proud of those on your side.

I am proud of the people on my "side" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean). They can see when crap arguments are made, and don't stand for people committing crimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

us38

Jan 5, 2007
✟8,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I asked someone who works with me and who saw the scope of the harassment to find out if Martin had done this before and how widespread it was. What he found was that Martin Wagner had a series called the Hepcats and if you go to what he called his official site hepcats dot comicgenesis dot com

, he was offering 3 updates a week and asking for paypal donations, but that no updates had been provided for over a year. This person emailed Martin and confronted him about it. I understand that as a result Martin changed the official site. Martin denies promising 3 updates but it’s the first thing you see. The only other prominent part are the paypal links. I hadn’t gotten a chance to look at it till tonight, but it is shocking.

It's very telling of your intelligence to repost something which has been accused of libel. Even if this isn't libel, it's still not smart to go and post it around.

Upvote 0

ypostelnik

Jun 13, 2008
✟7,642.00
Faith
Judaism
It's astounding how atheists can condone libel, harassing phone calls, google stalking, etc. because they disagree with an opinion. I had as many say so directly on Richard Dawkins when I asked them to intervene. At least they're more upfront than the posters here. I didn't touch anyone's wikipedia page btw, and the same guys who claimed I did are actually repeatedly trashing mine (though I've informed the admins and they've asked me to notify them of any future attacks).

You guys are really sick and that's all I have to say.

Upvote 0

us38

Jan 5, 2007
✟8,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's astounding how atheists can condone libel, harassing phone calls, google stalking, etc. because they disagree with an opinion.

You realize that probably none of the people who did that have posted here? And while I don't condone the actions, they are certainly made easier when you post your personal information along with your article.

And as far as libel is concerned, the only person who's been accused of libel and had the accusations backed up was you. You keep saying that they're remarks are libelous, but you certainly aren't backing that claim up.

I didn't touch anyone's wikipedia page btw, and the same guys who claimed I did are actually repeatedly trashing mine (though I've informed the admins and they've asked me to notify them of any future attacks).

Evidence suggests otherwise. While I have no doubt that your wikipedia page has been thrashed following this whole fiasco, I have very little doubt that you started it. As I said earlier, either someone went really far out of their way to frame you, or you did it. IP addresses don't lie.

You guys are really sick and that's all I have to say.

You're not really helping you image here.

Upvote 0