Melbourne
✟8,916.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been told that it's alright to listen to lofi beats (hiphop) Christian music. Are we allowed to do that? Does that glorify God? Actually I have lofi music in my phone so I wanna make sure that them music I downloaded glorifies God.sometimes there are Christian music that compromises so help me thank you

Rob Murray

RobtheTheologist
Nov 12, 2020
Cambridge
✟16,190.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It all depends on the content, Faith. I listen to Montell Fish sometimes. It's soothing music, reflective in its sound. But there's not an awful lot of content in it. After a while I turn it off and put on some Lou Fellingham! We need to be careful not to fall into a slump of MINDLESS reflection and believing this to be Christian. More lyrics pointing to Jesus can also be more profitable than vague one-sentence refrains. But I like Montell Fish, I just prefer to get more Biblical content that reminds me of the Gospel. Some of it could be my subjective preference.

Music genres in of themselves aren't bad, I don't think. It depends on the words and the attitude. So Heavy Metal, I wonder if screaming or suicidal moods glorifiy God. It all depends on the heart of the writer. Hip Hop can be outright evil, but also it can be full of wonderful truths about God.

Maybe some music styles lend themsevles to praising God more than others. Some music is sensual, and pagan. Blues and R&B has become sexualised ever since Ray Charles. Most Reggae music, and a LOT of folk music is pagan. But God can redeem musicians, just like he redeemed rappers like Lecrae.

Best

Rob

Upvote 0