Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,129.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
BBC News - 'Shots fired' near US Capitol

Shots have been reported near the US Capitol in Washington DC, with police locking down offices in the area.

US Capitol Police said a police officer was injured, the Associated Press reported.

Journalists, congressional staffers and tourists were ordered to take shelter at the US Capitol Complex at 14:28 local time (18:28 GMT).........

Prayers for all

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ok, i am concerned.
They said she tried to get thru barriers...
It looks to me she was parked 'too close' - but it was not possible for her cross any barriers....

And likely she freaked out due to guns pointed at her.

And betting she didnt even have a gun.
She had a baby in the car with her. Is it criminal now to park outside one of these buildings?
What if she pulled over to text a message she was coming home?

I watched the video 3 times to see if she was beyond any barriers...

Upvote 0
K

kellhus

Ok, i am concerned.
They said she tried to get thru barriers...
It looks to me she was parked 'too close' - but it was not possible for her cross any barriers....

She rammed the barricade. She didn't get through because the White House has some rather good fortifications.

And likely she freaked out due to guns pointed at her.

And she freaked out Secret Service by attempting to ram through the barricade.

And betting she didnt even have a gun.

It's confirmed she didn't.

She had a baby in the car with her.

Which was horrific of her.

Is it criminal now to park outside one of these buildings?

It's criminal to attempt to ram your car through a barricade and onto White House grounds, assault a Secret Service agent, fail to follow the orders of law enforcement, and go speeding at 80+ MPH towards the Capitol building.

What if she pulled over to text a message she was coming home?

Then she was incredibly stupid to do so by slamming her car into the White House security barricade. I believe this would be an example of Main/Too Dumb to Live - Television Tropes & Idioms

I watched the video 3 times to see if she was beyond any barriers...

She wasn't, because this is the White House. You probably wouldn't be getting past any barricades with anything less than a tank.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Her sister, Amy Carey, a Brooklyn nurse, was incredulous when she was reached Thursday afternoon and told what had happened outside the Capitol.

“That’s impossible. She works, she holds a job,” said Amy Carey, who confirmed that her Stamford-based sister drove a black car. She said she knew of nothing that would bring her sister to Washington. “She wouldn’t be in D.C. She was just in Connecticut two days ago, I spoke to her. . . . I don’t know what’s happening. I can’t answer any more.”

Upvote 0
K

kellhus

Her sister, Amy Carey, a Brooklyn nurse, was incredulous when she was reached Thursday afternoon and told what had happened outside the Capitol.

“That’s impossible. She works, she holds a job,” said Amy Carey, who confirmed that her Stamford-based sister drove a black car. She said she knew of nothing that would bring her sister to Washington. “She wouldn’t be in D.C. She was just in Connecticut two days ago, I spoke to her. . . . I don’t know what’s happening. I can’t answer any more.”

It is pretty common for the families of murderers and other violent criminals to be shocked by what their relative has done.

Upvote 0